1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1993 Dodge D150 wire harness under hood cooked

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2020, 10:55 PM
volaredon
Record Breaker
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

if you aren't gonna take this truck mind telling me the details? What part of the country, what is asking price and how is the body? If you aren't interested, I am. been looking for a 93-older D or W series truck again after having owning a few Dakotas in a row. Don't much care for the newer ones.

Old 02-15-2020, 07:24 PM
eastcoastfives
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Based on my limited experience, due to the way the ASD and Fuel pump relay work there is no 'easy' work around but if you think the truck is worth it physically and mechanically it's just time and money...

Old 03-04-2020, 01:57 PM
70-K5
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A little to the party on commenting on this but in my experience you always get a better deal if it is not running if they don't know how to fix it. If you get it started before you make the deal the price always goes up...

Looking at the wiring harness I can see multiple fixes that have already been made, working one a 91 with electical issues I would say this could be a real pain in the *** to fix. The wiring from these early TBI fuel injection motors is great when it works but a loose connection, unseen corrosion or burnt fusible links can have you scratching your heads for days... Depending on your emissions you can go back to the stone age with a carb or you could replace all the factory stuff with a stand alone throttle body intake.

Old 03-04-2020, 06:09 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,391 Likes on 3,131 Posts

Originally Posted by 70-K5
A little to the party on commenting on this but in my experience you always get a better deal if it is not running if they don't know how to fix it. If you get it started before you make the deal the price always goes up...

Looking at the wiring harness I can see multiple fixes that have already been made, working one a 91 with electical issues I would say this could be a real pain in the *** to fix. The wiring from these early TBI fuel injection motors is great when it works but a loose connection, unseen corrosion or burnt fusible links can have you scratching your heads for days... Depending on your emissions you can go back to the stone age with a carb or you could replace all the factory stuff with a stand alone throttle body intake.
Yeah, thats a sticky situation. Buying non-runner is a gamble. It might be an easy fix, then again, it might not..... Trick is, to get an agreed on price BEFORE figuring out why it doesn't want to run.....

I bought a tractor for 500 bucks, (I wanted the snowblower, front blade, and mower deck, I really didn't care about the tractor......) but couldn't get him to separate the stuff from the tractor. He told me the tractor didn't run, and had serious issues.. I just gave him the money, figured I would part out, or scrap the tractor, and brought it all home. Thought I would poke at the tractor a bit, just to see how bad it was, and in less than 15 minutes, had it running..... spent a bit of money on maintenance, and a few parts to make it run better, and I am still using that tractor 6 years later....... (Ok, the wife is the one that uses it....... she needed on to pull her wagons around the yard.....) I love the thing. Change the oil every every season, and keep fresh gas in it, and it starts first turn of the key, every time. I got lucky.

Old 03-04-2020, 06:52 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Buying non-runner is a gamble.
thats how i bought a ramcharger with no 2nd gear. it didn't run but at least i was able to fire/run the thing up on brake cleaner to hear it run before buying it but was not able to take it for a test drive. the TBI is a bit simpler than mpfi tho.

Old 06-04-2023, 05:28 PM
Cmart94
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don I have an 85 no rust with 318 for 1000 located in elkmont Alabama

Originally Posted by volaredon
if you aren't gonna take this truck mind telling me the details? What part of the country, what is asking price and how is the body? If you aren't interested, I am. been looking for a 93-older D or W series truck again after having owning a few Dakotas in a row. Don't much care for the newer ones.

Don I have an 85 no rust with 318 for 1000 located in elkmont Alabama

Old 06-04-2023, 06:15 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,391 Likes on 3,131 Posts

Originally Posted by Cmart94
Don I have an 85 no rust with 318 for 1000 located in elkmont Alabama
I think you are a couple years too late.....

Quick Reply: 1993 Dodge D150 wire harness under hood cooked