1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

76 D100 swap 8.0

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:04 PM
u2slow
Veteran
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ol' grouch
Your suspension is going to be fun on this one. The engine may fit but length will be problematic. The engine bay was designed to hold the big block engines. Those are four cylinders long and the V10 is 5 cylinders long.
Cummins is longer and heavier, and been done many times over. Really can't see it being a problem.

Old Yesterday, 10:13 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 593 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by u2slow
Cummins is longer and heavier, and been done many times over. Really can't see it being a problem.

I'm sure it can be done. However, a Cummins is longer but not as wide an engine. It's also much heavier than any engine the truck was designed for.

Old Yesterday, 10:20 PM
u2slow
Veteran
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

You would be surprised how wide the cummins is with its jewelry. The V10 is a lengthened 360.

I have a 74 parts truck that the Cummins has been removed from. Also a 2wd ramcharger project with a cummins sitting in it. Its just Lego and little bit of cut'n'paste. The 2ndgen rad is going to be installed in one of my 75-90 rad supports, haven't decided which one yet.

Last edited by u2slow; Yesterday at 10:23 PM.

Quick Reply: 76 D100 swap 8.0