2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

MyGIG Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 08:37 PM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: MyGIG Software Update

ok, I sent you an email Jas_Oz..

I created an FTP account for you to upload the images to the server.. Thank you for deciding to share thesoftware with everyone..

Old 03-26-2008, 10:26 PM
Jas_Oz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: obrienj

Let's be sure there are not country specific releases.

The VR algorithms may well be different as may be Bluetooth for different carriers and country specific phones. Also, display wording may be country sensitive. Defaults for all of these could also be different.

In 345MB I'm sure there are no Nav things but be aware there that there will certainly be different mapsets for different folks. (Obvious, I know)
Its not country specific but radio specific!

I installed the REW/RER update on mine and I have it installed in a Australian Nitro. There is also REP updates, REN updates.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:39 AM
futil
Veteran

Ok, I posted the official software image provided by Jas_Oz on the first page of this post..

I havnt tested this image out yet in the effort to get it out to you guys as fast as possible.. Meaning Jas_Oz tested it, but I didnt test it off the server yet after it was uploaded for consistancy.

Jas_Oz also has a new software image that he is uploading for REN radios that I will be setting upa link to later when it is finished uploading.

Thanks Jas for all your work and effort.. It is greatly appreciated.

Hopefully my network/serversare upfor the flood of downloads

Old 03-27-2008, 11:00 AM
pcguru2k

^^Thanks for the quick update files

I hope you don't mind, but I uploaded the file to a alternative website incase your server gets bogged down.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4874jo

Old 03-27-2008, 11:06 AM
futil
Veteran

Not at all.. Im expecting around 4-5 million users on my application and web servers today so I was hoping to hold off till tonight before releasing.. but actually I still have tons of resources so all is good.. Plus a backup never hurts.. I will add your link to the first page of this post as a backup (After I get my *** to work cause I am running about 3 hours late because I wanted to get all this stuff posted) I dont really know why they dont fire me.. I am always running about 4 hours late lol.. Guess its cause I have all the passwords and no one else does

Old 03-27-2008, 12:14 PM
Dentist

Hi,

I am from Argentina and I would like to know if someone can help me with this matter.
First of all I have to tell you that the local Chrysler dealear do not have any clue about MYGIG.
My question is this:
I have bought a MyGig REN with no navigation radio and the latest version that appears in the screen is v 7.200, Gracenotes 534.
Do you have any updated version of this REN unit?
Somebody told me that the current update version is 8.400, is this true?
As you can see I am in the middle of nothing and I would like if somebody has the latest version to be downloaded or some place where I can do it.
I will appreciate your time helping me

Old 03-27-2008, 12:39 PM
acarguy2002

thanks a lot
i installed
i had 9.705 installed which was very buggy (i think beta) and had to roll back to 9.561
i'm a dealer and can only get 9.561
again thanks

Old 03-27-2008, 01:29 PM
nonrev

I loaded the update and seems ok right now.

I had a message about you can vew maps after driving on a digitized road. It went away after leving the parking lot onto a road.
There are some options about updating the maps, but just refers you to a web page.
Many more menu options and more bright colors. I did not get a chance to go though them all.
I had to re-pair my phone.
I did rename the CD when I burned it to NTG4_9.9712. I am not sure if that was needed or not.

The install took about 20-25 mins.

[quote]ORIGINAL: futil

Ok, I posted the official software image provided by Jas_Oz on the first page of this post..

I havnt tested this image out yet in the effort to get it out to you guys as fast as possible.. Meaning Jas_Oz tested it, but I didnt test it off the server yet after it was uploaded for consistancy.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:30 PM
nightshade72

ORIGINAL: futil

Not at all.. Im expecting around 4-5 million users on my application and web servers today so I was hoping to hold off till tonight before releasing.. but actually I still have tons of resources so all is good.. Plus a backup never hurts.. I will add your link to the first page of this post as a backup (After I get my *** to work cause I am running about 3 hours late because I wanted to get all this stuff posted) I dont really know why they dont fire me.. I am always running about 4 hours late lol.. Guess its cause I have all the passwords and no one else does
Pretty nice connection dude, took about a minute and a half to download.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:15 PM
futil
Veteran

Thanks, The load wasnt as bad as I expected.. I had an average of 10 people downloading all day.. and then someone thought it would be funny to hit the server with a mild DOS attack which spiked the server to around 600 connections withall connections downloading the update, So I dropped the download speed to 20 MBps and put the firewall on autoblock for high amounts of connections from a client.

Someone always has to try to ruin stuff..

Now its back down to 6 concurrent downloads..

Thanks Nonrev for letting me know that the update image is not corrupt..

Quick Reply: MyGIG Software Update