2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

MyGIG Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 10:31 PM
nightshade72
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MyGIG Software Update

ORIGINAL: milous

ORIGINAL: jvandover

Dealership called me ealier this evening and said the new DVD is in and I can come by to get it.
More than likely it is the 9.561 release...
My replacement RER came with 9.664 or something close to that.. it's not 9.7xx but it's also not the older 9.6xx release can look later..

so they are shipping radios with newer code, not unreasonable to think that they are sending the newer DVDs out now.. especially if the stealership just received it...

Old 03-25-2008, 01:24 AM
milous
Rookie

ORIGINAL: nightshade72

ORIGINAL: milous

ORIGINAL: jvandover

Dealership called me ealier this evening and said the new DVD is in and I can come by to get it.
More than likely it is the 9.561 release...
My replacement RER came with 9.664 or something close to that.. it's not 9.7xx but it's also not the older 9.6xx release can look later..

so they are shipping radios with newer code, not unreasonable to think that they are sending the newer DVDs out now.. especially if the stealership just received it...

It's not unusual for dealers to be way behind when it comes to nav software releases. The MyGIG update disc thatsomedealers are nowjust receiving is p/n 68043349AB which is v9.561, as per the TSB issued in December. In every disc release for the previous generation model (REC), and the one before that (RB1), we were always able to get discs well ahead of any dealer. However,I just noticed that 68043349AC is now in the system and is most likely a newer version than 9.561, it'll be interesting to see which software version that one will be.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:34 PM
jvandover
Amateur

I went to the dealership but didnt end up having time for the update etc. Long story, don't feel like explaining. I will check the version on the disc when I go to ppiuck up my cargo tray tommorow or Thur.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:47 AM
Jas_Oz

well I got my Disk today for 9.712 and it is nice, they have updated the nav menu to add some extra options, nicer colours etc It also has the option to update maps and some other features. I also updated the Grace Notes to 881

As I play with it more, i will report in.

Old 03-26-2008, 02:04 PM
jspies

Is this the official release that everyone has been waiting for? Will you make it available for download if it is? It would be greatly appreciated if you do.

Old 03-26-2008, 03:20 PM
Jas_Oz

I beleive it is, but i wont release it until permission is given.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:19 PM
nightshade72

ORIGINAL: Jas_Oz

I beleive it is, but i wont release it until permission is given.
Futil has permission to post this software once it's released and he has the resources to do so. I have made a request to my dealership for the software but doubt that they have anything yet since we canadians seem to get things very late in the game.

I am hopeful that the new maps will have better canadian coverage...

Old 03-26-2008, 04:21 PM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have explicit permission from Steve to distribute the official release so if you want you can send it to me and I will distribute it for you and give you props for providing it to me. (Providing it is the official release and not a different beta version).. If you don't feel comfortable doing that then that's fine but I just wanted to let you know that I have been given permission to distribute the images.

Currently I am still waiting formy CDs to arrive..

Old 03-26-2008, 04:51 PM
Jas_Oz

hey champ, yeah no probs, as far as i am aware, this is the official release 9.712 from Steve.

email me admin@dodge-downunder.com and ill get the upload details etc to upload it to your site for all to enjoy!!

345mb so may take a few hours to upload.

I also have the latest grace notes.

I dont think the disc has maps, you need to get those from navteq

Old 03-26-2008, 08:29 PM
obrienj

Let's be sure there are not country specific releases.

The VR algorithms may well be different as may be Bluetooth for different carriers and country specific phones. Also, display wording may be country sensitive. Defaults for all of these could also be different.

In 345MB I'm sure there are no Nav things but be aware there that there will certainly be different mapsets for different folks. (Obvious, I know)

Quick Reply: MyGIG Software Update