2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

MyGIG Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 04:17 PM
41696newt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MyGIG Software Update

I have the Mogul and an 08 T&C with the Nav Radio and I got the mogul to work fairly well. I think the key for me was to put the Mogul in Discoverable mode under the Bluetooth settings. Then I followed the pairing instructions and they failed. I repeated the pairing instructions but did not kick it off on the mogul when it suggested. Then I got a popup on the Mogul saying device Uconnect would like to connect to my Phone. This time it will work.
The only Issue I have had is take about 10 seconds or so to recognize the phone once I come back to the car.
I hope this helps.

I am on the 9.5 version of the Mygig software and I have used the Mogul with the new Sprint Rom with GPS support and with a custom sprint ROM No2Chem from PPCGeeks.com. Both work.

Old 03-29-2008, 04:21 PM
41696newt

Does anyone know if the Navigation MAPS and POI will come out with the upgrade. I live in a new area and the POI and Navigation MAPS are almost completely worthless. Half of the roads are missing and almost all of the restaurants and gas stations are not listed.
Could someone load up the beta version of the maps to Rapidshare? I would think that the MAP data would have to be finalized at this point if they are working on the final pieces of the software.

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-29-2008, 05:08 PM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly I don't know if the Maps/Nav DB update will be included in the final release.. It was provided to beta testers but requires a VIN based code to install that has to be sent from HB so even if I posted it for download I don'tthink HB would provide the code especially at this time.. But after theofficial release is out we can see what is shipped and if the Nav DB update is included then I would think it would be safe to release a download for that provided that I received permission from HB to release that DVD as they would still have to provide the codes..

Sorry I forgot to provide info about the folder structure of the gracenotes, I was at work when I posted it and didn't have time to write up any lengthy info about it.. Not to mention I stayed at work until 12pm last night..

Old 03-29-2008, 05:26 PM
futil
Veteran

Did this video just to show the operation of the Nav Mygig with the new software I installed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFkdHcXRPD8
Yup, I have been talking to him a lot lately regarding updates great guy..

Did you guys happen to notice that since that's an Australian release the navigation voice has an Australian accent? Thought that was so cool.. It was a little hard to make out with the music playing in the background so I could be wrong.. but thought I heard an accent..

Old 03-29-2008, 07:36 PM
Jas_Oz

haha nah she is a pommy...lol but not far off

my 9.715 just landed in oz, ill be installing it tomorrow.

Old 03-30-2008, 03:42 AM
TedEbear
Rookie

ORIGINAL: futil
Not to mention I stayed at work until 12pm last night..
I wish I could leave work at noon, too. [sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 03-30-2008, 04:58 AM
futil
Veteran

Actually I was referring to 12 at night... like close to 1 AM.. ButI was really late and got in at 12 in the afternoon.. So I stayed late to makeup for it.. Im a mess when it comes to geting in to work on time.. But I have the passwords to everything and am the only one that knows the systems so they wont fire me

Old 03-30-2008, 08:00 AM
Jas_Oz

only a few hours untill i get my 9.715

Old 03-31-2008, 08:26 PM
kmfdm515

i grabbed the new REN release...but i didn't see where it said what was changed?

is there anywhere that shows the release notes for the REN version 9110 and/or 9111?

can i now sort songs by track #? more importantly, can i now browse albums sorted by artist? this software is a total joke without that functionality. :P

Old 03-31-2008, 09:37 PM
futil
Veteran

Sorry.. I got caught up for the past few days arguing the possibility of the electrolysis of water to convert it into Hydrogen/oxygen for use as an alternative fuel on a different area of the forums and have been slacking on the MyGIG stuff (https://dodgeforum.com/m_1249502/mpage_1/key_/tm.htmif you're interested)

I will try to get my butt in gear and put up some stuff for you guys..

Quick Reply: MyGIG Software Update