2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

MyGIG Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 01:43 PM
aenimon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MyGIG Software Update

Sorry for another random question, but I'm deciding whether to get one or not...does the MyGig display album art if you've copied over MP3's that have it either embedded in the tag or in the folder? Thanks.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:53 PM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know some of you wanted some documentation for the installs so I stayed up all night (and morning) and made a web page.. Its mostly rehashed stuff that I had scattered on the forums and somepieces of every one's infobutI added some new things and thought it would be a good idea to keep all the mygig stuff together and organized.. As we get more Ideas and info I will add it to the site as well as keeping the installs organized..

I also get a lot of PMs about the same topics so I put up a FAQ too.. I'm sure there are tons of typos too cause im really dizzy from lack of sleep..

I kind of just threw it together but let me know what you guys think.. Like did i just waste an entire day or what?

Here's the URL..
http://mofv.com/mygig

Ok, im going to bed before I pass out.. lol

Old 04-03-2008, 04:36 PM
nightshade72

Looks really good. thanks for taking the time to do that.. I am sure it will help everyone very much.. Already bookmarked it.

ORIGINAL: futil

I know some of you wanted some documentation for the installs so I stayed up all night (and morning) and made a web page.. Its mostly rehashed stuff that I had scattered on the forums and somepieces of every one's infobutI added some new things and thought it would be a good idea to keep all the mygig stuff together and organized.. As we get more Ideas and info I will add it to the site as well as keeping the installs organized..

I also get a lot of PMs about the same topics so I put up a FAQ too.. I'm sure there are tons of typos too cause im really dizzy from lack of sleep..

I kind of just threw it together but let me know what you guys think.. Like did i just waste an entire day or what?

Here's the URL..
http://mofv.com/mygig

Ok, im going to bed before I pass out.. lol

Old 04-03-2008, 05:55 PM
watchout

Wow Futil - Nice job! Thank you.

Old 04-03-2008, 10:58 PM
kmfdm515

ORIGINAL: aenimon

Sorry for another random question, but I'm deciding whether to get one or not...does the MyGig display album art if you've copied over MP3's that have it either embedded in the tag or in the folder? Thanks.
nope. that would be a lot to ask considering they can't even give us a folder structure.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:13 PM
futil
Veteran

Actuallythe MyGIGdoes display album artbut its a manual function..

Justsave allyour album art as pictures to theMyGIG then set the background image to the album art aseach song or album changes... Alternatively, you can print out the album art on a printerand manually tape the printouts to the dashboard as each song or albumchanges

Didn't you guys read the MyGIG manual? It's all in there

Sorry I couldnt resist..

Old 04-04-2008, 01:07 AM
fastrat350

Is the new 9.713 update going to be available on here or for download over the internet?

Old 04-04-2008, 03:36 AM
TedEbear
Rookie

ORIGINAL: watchout

Do the 2008 mygig's have 20 or 30GB harddrives?
My boss bought an 08 Sebring. He swears the MyGIG in his is a 50 GB, according to the window sticker. I have an 07 Sebring with a 20 GB drive.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:31 AM
futil
Veteran

If the 9.713 update passes testing and is not in beta then I will offer it both here and on the internet.. I'm not quite sure about my beta tester status after accidentially releasing 9.712 thinking it was thefinal non-betarelease and still not hearing anything back from HB.. So if I am out with being a beta testerI will probably not be the first one to receive it but I have servers set up so that anyone that would like to offer it can upload it for everyone..

Old 04-04-2008, 07:36 AM
futil
Veteran

Don't think its offered with a 50GB..

At the bottom of the new chrysler MyGIG page (http://www.chrysler.com/en/owners/mygig/) it states..

(REN) MyGIG® Multimedia Entertainment System features a 20-gigabyte hard drive.
(RER) MyGIG® Multimedia System with GPS Navigation features a 30-gigabyte hard drive.
[/align]

Quick Reply: MyGIG Software Update