2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

MyGIG Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 01:46 PM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: MyGIG Software Update

Sounds like you are burning the RER_x.xxx / REN_x.xxx folder to the CD and not its contents.. Check to see what shows up when you place the CD in your computer and you go into your CD.. you should see more than just 1 folder after you click on your CD in your CD drive..

You should see
BECKER (folder)
CD_INFO.CDI (file)
CONFIG.CDI (file)

Aside of that just make sure you arent using multisession where it leaves the CD open to add more files later.. By not closing (Using Multisession or the add files later option) the CD it leaves the CD in a format that is only readable by computers..

Also try to burn at a slow speed using reliable CDs.. But check the other stuff outfirstbefore reburning..

I use nero but of you use nero express it may simplify the burning process as there are like 2 options that you need to select.. one doesnt matter and the other is multisession unchecked. Well actually I use Nero express most of the time unless I have to do something out of the ordinary like inject SP2 into Windows XP thenmake it bootable then I will just use Nero.. stuff like that..

If you have Nero installed you should have Nero Express as well.. its under Program Files --> Nero (Whatever Version) --> Data --> Nero Express

Old 04-09-2008, 05:52 PM
stratamet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My update went very smooth. Took a couple of reboots afterwards due to it acting funny (phone wouldn't pair, Sirius traffic didn't work). Also, after the update it defaulted the volume to 0, so for 20 mins I was worried I had lost audio and freaking out, then for some reason decided to try the volume ****. lol. Felt like an idiot at that point.

Do the RER MyGIG systems need map updates, or is that only for the DVD based mygig systems?

Old 04-09-2008, 09:07 PM
jvandover
Amateur

Yeah, install went fine for me. The whole nav system didn't work for about 15 minutes afterwards, and also the volume went to 0 and the phone pair no longer worked, as previously noted. Everything seems to work now though, and I'm happy with the better response time and the MUCH better Nav. Also, playing albums in track order... thank GOD!!

Old 04-10-2008, 12:15 AM
Crashaholic

The Mygig and Gracenote updates went smooth for me. Thanks to all involved in posting the images.
As for the Nav map updates here is what Navteq told me:

Thank you for contacting NAVTEQ. There are currently no updates for the MyGIG system. If youwould like to be notified when updates become available please register with us by calling the number listed below. We are open M-F, 8AM-6PM Central Time.

NAVTEQ
Customer Contact Center
nabc_english@navteq.com

Old 04-10-2008, 10:03 AM
fenderman

Hey, My install went smoothly. My Razor v3m works with the uconnect now (be sure to have to tak volume on the phone all the way up-makes a difference in clarity on the other end). However the system started acting weird. Occassionally the steeing wheel controls stop working and the clock freezes - but thebutton on the unit itself work(missed the train this morning, lol). After about 3-4 min the system reboots, the steering wheel controls workand the clock goes back the the correct time. Anyone else have this issue?

Old 04-10-2008, 10:21 AM
micksr1953

Thank you very much Futil. You were exactly right. I was dragging the folder instead of the contents into my burning software. After dragging the contents into my Nero Express and burning it, I put the disc in and downloaded the update and as far as I can tell it is working flawlessly. Thanks also to stratamet for mentioning the volume thing. Once again thanks to all who commented on this.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Braun

Greetings guys!
I from Ukraine, can prompt to me who than Nav Mygig Updates (NON US-REP) the version of insertion differs from the version
Nav Mygig Updates (US-RER)?
Whether there can be no in this insertion a blocking of playing DVD in driving?
In my country driving with video viewing is not forbidden.

Thanks for attention

Old 04-10-2008, 08:49 PM
jvandover
Amateur

AFAIK, There is no current way known to enable the playing of DVD's while driving, other then using Mygig Lockpick. http://www.coastaletech.com/MYGIG.htm

Old 04-11-2008, 04:35 PM
orion7144

Update went smooth on my drive home from work. The only think I dont like and it was the same before, is that the volume level is different for the different sources. I.e if the volume is at say 16 on the screen it will sound louder on FM then any other source. Seems SAT is the lowest with the HDD in between. DVD's also sound lower.

Old 04-12-2008, 04:31 AM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wanted everyone to know I will be posting Version 9.799 soon which is not an update but rather a fix. Harman Becker has found that there is a problem with some MyGIGs where the Samsung 30 GB hard drive becomes corrupt and this is a patch that is being released to fix it. After installing this patch you will need to reinstall Version 9.713 again.

Version 9.716 will be released shortly after which contains both 9.713 and 9.799 rolled up into one install..

The symptoms for the RER navigation radio is that the "Navigation is being activated" never goes away and if you look at MENU-SYSTEM SETUP-MANAGE HDD- SPACE AVAILABLE, it shows the HDD with 0 GB of space. The HDD never mounts.

If you do not have these symptoms then you do not need to install 9.799 and you can just leave 9.713 on your MyGIG if you installed it already. (or just leave whatever version you have)

I should have the9.799 fixby Tuesday and will post it on the website for anyone experiencing these issues.

Quick Reply: MyGIG Software Update