2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

MyGIG Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 03:18 AM
milous
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MyGIG Software Update

ORIGINAL: Jas_Oz
..who in their right mind would make it this way.
Probably the same person who decided that the CD player didn't need a Pause control...

Old 04-14-2008, 04:15 AM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Ctuinstra,

The DVD restarting is.. Well I hate to say normal as it's annoying as all hell to go back to a position.. But it is normal for this radio as I experience the same thing and have ever since I owned the car.

I also have the feedback issue although it seems to have been staying at its set volume lately..This is going to sound kinda dumb butI adjust the radio volume frequently andI find myself accidentally adjusting the feedback volume when I am turningdown the radio volume as the feedback for the nav comes onthen Iend up with a low feedback volume setting.. Im not saying that this is your problem as there's like less than 10% chance but try totake noteif you might be doing that or if the system is definitely doing it. (I would like to know if I am going crazy or the radio is doing it itself)

It could just be that I have the same problem but I assumed thatI had been accidentally lowering the volume the whole time lol ... In that particular instance it would be nice not to mix the regular volume control with the other voice prompts..

Thanks for the props and support for the web page.. My wife is feeling neglected to say the least but she is pretty cool and hasn't been flipping out aboutme ignoring her for.. hmm think it could beabout a yearnow lol.. I told her that she could spend more time with me if she would just learn to start setting up and maintaining servers(more as a joke) didn't go over so well

Old 04-14-2008, 07:04 AM
watchout

ORIGINAL: Jas_Oz

well maybe then u need to re word the question, your question states is the feature always on, my answer was No!

The button is always there but not always on! See what I mean.
Jas - Maybe you need to re-read my original question.It was"Any idea why that's showing up now?"

You replied "no, u need to press the button for it to make a trail." That doesn't answer my question about the button being displayed.

I also originally stated "I can shut it with the Buttons setting under Map Items, but that shuts all buttons including zoom and 2/3D." So I know the icon display can be shut along with other buttons but I wanted to hide just that one button. From what I understand - It cannot be hidden alone.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:26 AM
Jas_Oz

ORIGINAL: futil

Hi Ctuinstra,

The DVD restarting is.. Well I hate to say normal as it's annoying as all hell to go back to a position.. But it is normal for this radio as I experience the same thing and have ever since I owned the car.

I also have the feedback issue although it seems to have been staying at its set volume lately..This is going to sound kinda dumb butI adjust the radio volume frequently andI find myself accidentally adjusting the feedback volume when I am turningdown the radio volume as the feedback for the nav comes onthen Iend up with a low feedback volume setting.. Im not saying that this is your problem as there's like less than 10% chance but try totake noteif you might be doing that or if the system is definitely doing it. (I would like to know if I am going crazy or the radio is doing it itself)

It could just be that I have the same problem but I assumed thatI had been accidentally lowering the volume the whole time lol ... In that particular instance it would be nice not to mix the regular volume control with the other voice prompts..

Thanks for the props and support for the web page.. My wife is feeling neglected to say the least but she is pretty cool and hasn't been flipping out aboutme ignoring her for.. hmm think it could beabout a yearnow lol.. I told her that she could spend more time with me if she would just learn to start setting up and maintaining servers(more as a joke) didn't go over so well
Ok I have spoken to Steve regarding the DVD restarting issue, he said it should pickup where it left off, he is looking into the issue and will let me know.

I also said i wish it was a qwerty kepboard when entering destinations in... he said ; QWETY - just adds development time and compexity to change.

[/align]
[/align]

Old 04-14-2008, 12:16 PM
ctuinstra

Jas_Oz,

As you can see futil is having the same problem as probably just about everyone. I don't know if it's important to note to Steve, but it will resume if it's been off for a short period, but won't if it's been off for any length of time.

Futil,

As far as the volume, that could be what's going on. I can't say for sure just yet. But I am going to pay very close attention to when and where I am adjusting the volume to see if it is in fact effecting the feedback.

Thanks for the feedback guys....albeit too loud.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Jas_Oz

yes I mentioned all those points to Steve, he will speak to his techs and get back to me...its obviously a fault with the latest software.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:32 PM
jvandover
Amateur

FYI, I dunno if this is what some of you meant by "new", but the trail recording feature has always been there, just not as a button on the main screen.

Also, I thought this wasn't supposed to update any maps, but it certainly did as the highway exit next to my house used to be "off road"(as it is relatively new) but is now on the map. It also shows the local lanes on my local highway as seperate from the main highway now.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:40 AM
kmfdm515

from the release notes section on future updates:

EXPECTED RELEASES[/b] July 2008 – New Model Year 2009
Removal of Jukebox screen · “Year” category replaced by “Favorites” under Browse menu · New HMI for VES controls · Default presets added for SAT mode · Minor HMI changes · Audio management improvements
god, i hope that means sorting albums by artist...

Old 04-15-2008, 04:27 PM
cjuarros

Does it matter which vehicle we have? I know this is in the avenger forum, but will this upgrade also work on a charger?

Old 04-15-2008, 11:56 PM
garybuck

THink I may have found a problem with the gracenotes update. I got the latest and greatest in the mail this past week. I did the 9.713 update with no poblems. Today I updated the gracenotes, again I thought no problem. Upon completion of the update the radio worked fine, wentouttothe store, radio still worked. Came out of the store no volume what so ever on the radio. Anybody have any ideas or do I need to see my friendly dealer.

Thanks in advance,

Gary

Quick Reply: MyGIG Software Update