2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

MyGIG Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 12:01 AM
cjuarros
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MyGIG Software Update

Thanks for the reply Futil, I'll give it a shot. And thank you also by the way for your service! Your website and knowledge about the mygig is invaluable and appreciated!

Old 04-17-2008, 11:31 AM
garybuck

Futil:

Thanks for the feedback. Well I decided to bite the bullet and put 9.799 on this morning. Busy all day yesterday, so the car stayed in the garage all day. Downloaded the patch,burned it to a CD, walked out to the car, turned on the radio and the darn thing was working like nothing was wrong. Good thing I don't drink!

Thanks for the help. For right now I will leave everything the way it is, if it burps again I will load the patch and reinstall 9.713 and 8.81 of the gracenotes database.

I enjoy the website as it is full of great information. Keep up the good work and best of luck on the new computer equipment.

Gary

Old 04-17-2008, 02:57 PM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool, Glad everything worked out.. I think after doing the 9.713 install it even said in the instructions to pull the fuse and reset the radio.. I'll have to go through it again and confirm as that might solve a lot of these quirky issues that everyone has been having after install..

Oh, I almost forgot.. I received the package today that contains ALL of the Software and Gracenote updates for the rest of the MyGIGmodels.. I am currently in the process ofzipping them and uploading them to the server.. I should have them up later today or tonight as I have to go to an appointment tonight at 6 so I wont be able to work through the day getting them posted..So soon the entire world can update their Gracenotes and Software..

I am REALLY close to finishing the trouble ticket supportpage.. Had to rewrite most of the code just to make it integrate into the web site better.. The forums are also close to completion..

The computerhardware took a little longer thanexpected as this was the first Intel/PC motherboard thatI installedthat does not have a PS2 Keyboard or mouse ports.. So when I turned the computer on the preinstalled OS didn't recognize/install the drivers forthe USB ports.. So I was without akeyboard and mouse and the device install kept hanging on asking for a CD for thesound card.. So I had to do a hard reboot every time that came up and fortunately itinstalls drivers randomly and didn't get stuck on thesound card on every reboot.. about5 reboots were needed before it finally found the USB root hub and then installed the KB and mouse.. I really didn't want to reinstall the whole OS so I was flipping out until the KB and mouse were back..

Thank you all for your support, I really appreciate it.. Who would have thought thata carradio and it's issues would generate this much attention?

Old 04-18-2008, 06:57 PM
scubabuddy

Hi futil,

Updated MyGIG tonight with the REW update, seems to have worked perfectly, system is much quicker to startup and more responsive, and as a bonus it has enabled the uconnect functionality that i didn't have before, excellent, just need a microphone now and all systems are go.

Will be doing the Gracenote update over the weekend, will let you know how that goes.

One thing i have noticed is that the dimmed VES button has gone, presumably it's not displayed now if the feature isn't fitted?

Thanks for the site and the updates, keep up the good work.

Barry.

Avenger SXT 2.0 CRD Black UK

Old 04-19-2008, 08:55 AM
stratamet

Anyone having strange pairing issues after the update? My phone works fine after the update, however, after a day it loses the name I assign to the phone and goes back to the default phone name. Not sure why it would lose that, unless it's that HD corruption issue, but I thought those issues were more severe than this.

Old 04-19-2008, 12:11 PM
scubabuddy

Hi again futil,

Gracenote update completed and everything still running fine, will give it a few days and see if anything occurs.

Barry.

Avenger SXT 2.0 CRD Black UK

Old 04-19-2008, 04:17 PM
2008SRT8

Good question, I know it supports mp3s, but I burnt a mp3 disc with windows and it wouldn't read it, is that a known issue? If it can play mp3s etc can you do that with a dvd? Bah I'm going to go answer my own question and edit this :/

Old 04-19-2008, 04:52 PM
futil
Veteran

Actually there is a pattern emerging with certain phones being able to work after the update but other phonesthat used to work arefailing either with the pairing procedure or shortly after.

Harman Becker is aware of this andI believe theywill beaddressing it soon.

If you have a phone that used to work with the previous software version but now does not work try 2 things,first reinstall the software and see if that helps, then if that fails you will have to downgrade to a previous version where your phone worked.

Also, To everyone that has been writing to Harman Becker at mygig@harmanbecker.com and has not received a reply.. That is becauseHB had to shut down the email address. Chrysler does not want anyone talking to customers except for dealers.
Which is kind of scary because that just leaves Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep forums andmy site as an Internet source for direct answers for people that can address these issues themselves.
I just wanted to let everyone know what the deal is with the non answered emails and I didn't want everyone to rag on Harman Becker for not providing support when their hands were tied in this situation.. Especially when the employees at HB were busting their asses trying to help everyone when they shouldn't have been in the first place. I mean it takes a lot of commitment to field tech calls and go the extra mile when the customer(Chrysler) doesn'twant them to provide assistance in the first place.

While I don't have a lot of time lately to field tech emails, I have 2 other techs that have extensive knowledge with MyGIG radios that have been given access to the trouble ticket software I have under the "Contact" link at the web site.. Soall techs receive a copy of your email and whoever has the knowledge to assist the best can accept the ticket and field the tech email while keeping everyone else in the loop. Any issues that are reoccurring or information gained from a tech question email that others can benefit from will be posted in the FAQ section to help others with the same issue.. (No personal infoand we do not copy the email for use in the FAQ section)

Old 04-19-2008, 06:14 PM
futil
Veteran

For anyone that had VES, Installed the software update then lost the VES button, Go into the Engineering Menu of the MyGIG by pressing the 3 Hard Keys: SEEK UP - SEEK DOWN - MENU all at the same time.. Then you can re-enable VES in there.. I have never done this myself so I don't have extended info on which menu buttons to press to enableVES after you are in the Engineering Menu but it's in there and that is how to get the VES buttonback.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:17 PM
futil
Veteran

Oh, andif you play with the calibrate touch screen menu.. then screw the radio up where you can't use the touch screen.. You can use the Engineeringmenu to reset your radio to its factory defaults to get your touch screen back

Quick Reply: MyGIG Software Update