2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

MyGIG Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 08:02 PM
rapidnet_rick
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MyGIG Software Update

I hadthe issue of phone not pairing, that workedfine before.

I couldn't get the two to pair at all! The process would start and seemed to complete on the phone, but always failed on the MyGig. The solution I found was to do the pair the normal way, it would succede on the phone and fail on the MyGig...then I did it a second time, but did NOT delete the existing pair on the phone , and this worked!!!

What I did notice was the my exisitng pair(prior to upgrade ) did not work...When I deleted the pair, it didn't seem to completly delete the pair, as my custom phone name was still there AFTER I deleted the paired phone, and re-paired!

So, the process of adding the pair twice did seem to work. My phone is the Cingular 3125 aka StarTrek......

I also noticed the process seems different if the radio is turned off, or on...

Old 04-20-2008, 12:53 AM
fastrat350

Hey Futil, I was wondering if you would be able to talk to steve about my problem with my Sprint Mogul not working on the mygig, I already tried emailing them but no replies, and this is a serious issue, incase you dont remember the issue I will list it again, I would appreciate if you can communicate with him about my issue, I know Im not the only one but i just cant stand the inability of this bluetooth issue.

problem:

Phone pairs fine with Mygig,
but when trying to make a phone call there is no tone through the speakers, and once the line is picked up I cannot hear the caller and the caller cant hear me, dead silent on both ends.
Happens aswell when receiving a call, dead silence on both ends, already paired and unpaired my phone many times and nothing works at all, uconnect is useless with the sprint mogul, other phones work but just my phone and the mygig seem to be uncompatible, and its not just me its, other people with the similar phone has same issues, I just want to find out if harman becker is working with sprint or working on something to fix this problem.

Old 04-20-2008, 04:32 AM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Fastrat350,

If you upgraded your software and the problem started happening then it'sbecause when HB made the changes to the bluetooth stack to accommodate new phones they screwed up the bluetooth for other phones.

If you didn't upgrade then try upgrading to 9.713. If you already upgraded to 9.713 try reinstalling again.

If the phone still doesn't work and it used to work before then your only current option is to downgrade to your previous option.

Steve and HB are aware of the issue and are working on fixing it. They said that theyare considering releasing alist of phones that are currently incompatible with thelatest software but are currently aware of the issue and are working on a fix that will be released in a future software release. I restated the above options to fix the issue because as of now they are your only options until new software is released.

By the way, Any high priority MyGIG tech questions should be posted at the support contact at http://mofv.com/mygig/Issues/or just click on the Contact link in the main menu of the web site.
Who answers your question is up to the technical staff and who feels that they can answer your question the best, However there are a fewMyGIG expertsthere that can help answer questions that I don't know. ExHB employees, Chrysler Engineers, andother unnamedpeople have access to that system..You may besurprised who you havereviewing yourquestions on the other end.When you send an e-mail using that system it is sent to all of the technical support members so we all can go over the issue and handle it together. Obviously a Chrysler employee would like to remain anonymous so I have the system set up to allow them to be anonymous yet still help. I am still waiting for a number of members to commit to the offer, however if enoughpeople are active we should have a very solid support portal.

I am amazed how many people out there are this dedicated to helping others where they are willing to risk their jobs to geta carradio working correctly.. Well then again I am one of them.. but I still don't know exactly why I am doing all this either. I suppose it's just nice to feel useful to someone other than yourself.

I don't want to deduct from this forum either as there are a LOT of smart andknowledgeable people here that can help as well.. So keep posting here.. but something that requires high level support that only someone with inside knowledge would have then I would recommend checking out the support system.

Old 04-20-2008, 06:14 AM
futil
Veteran

Everyone having phone issues on this page,I specifically sent in your issues to directlyto Steve to be analyzed.

Anyone else having phone issues after installing the latest software please place a trouble ticket here: http://mofv.com/mygig/Issues/so we can build a better profile of how many different phones are affected. Also if you did not include your phone make and model please post it here or in the trouble ticket system.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:24 PM
rapidnet_rick

I experienced a strange issue. I have a contact in the address book for my brother, it worked great before. Here's the funny part, after the upgrade the confirmation prompt before placing the call doesn't say my brothers first name, it spells it.

So instead of Rob the phone says Call R O BSmith mobile....Meaning it spells the first name, and says the last name. I looked up the entry and both the first name and last name were in Capital letters. When I selected play voice tag, it worked as expected from this menu.

I edited the entry and made the "Rob" first letter cap the rest lower case. This worked correctly on confirmation prompts!

Old 04-22-2008, 11:34 PM
CT09Journey

First, I'd like to thank Futil for your help. I have the 2009 Dodge Journey with the REN radio with UConnect, VR and NO Navigation. From all the pictures I've seen my radio looks like the RER model, but with NO Navigation and it is mounted below the Three-Zone ATC lower control Panel. There is a small storage bin above the Three-Zone upper control panel. This radio config is part of the "Customer Preferred Package 28X" that has rear video system, 368Watt Amplifier, 6 Infinity Premium speaks with subwoofer, MyGIG Multimedia system and the IPOD adaption cable (UCI). I updated from 9.004 to 9.112 (app software) and 534 to 881 (Gracenotes) in under 30 minutes for both. The step-by-step instructions to create the CD and DVD with Nero Express was easy. No problems with any feature and I have paired 2 Motorola Krazors to the system. My phone is first in line, then my wife's. If my cell is not on the system will the pair to her's. What a great feature. No problems with the cell's and we have Verizon as the provider.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:21 PM
Avenroweman

I have recently installed both Gracenotes 801 and ver 9.713 software update in the MyGig system. A couple of times I too have lost all volumn, but somehow it returns on it's own. One thing is still continuing to happen is the I have to adjust the volumn each time I use the navigation system. I don't remember having to do this before upgrading to 9.713. Has anyone else had this problem or have an idea why this is happening?

Old 04-23-2008, 03:41 PM
futil
Veteran

Avenroweman, Normally I would say that wasnt an issue but since this is not the first time I am hearing about it I would say that it may be a software bug.
I will report this as a recurring issue in the software to HB and see if they can address it.

Everyone ready for the next non beta software release? I should have REN 8.400 and RER 9.715 posted by next week.
I have no clue what issues this software will address yet as I just heard that Ishould be receiving a copy of them soon. I will keep you informed.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:25 PM
scubabuddy

Hi futil,

Had a strange problem the other night, started my Avenger and the MyGig came on to the Accept warning screen then locked there, no response from screen or buttons at all, drove to my ex's to pick up my daughter and switched car off and MyGig stayed on still locked, 3 times i got out of the car and locked it and the MyGig was still stuck on the same screen and not switching off, next time i got back to the car some 20 mins in all since problem started it had switched off. Started car and MyGig came on and worked fine again.
Ialso have the problem with the nav volume dropping really low when switching on and having to be re-adjusted.

Barry.

Avenger SXT 2.0 CRD UK MyGig REW

Old 04-24-2008, 01:19 AM
SuperBee364

I just updated my MyGig system to the latest versions of everything. However, it is still missing a function that it should have. Well, at least according to the MyGig Manual. The manual says that a voice command of "Phonebook Download" exists, and that it will allow you to transfer the phonebook from your bluetooth connected phone to the uConnect system. The command isn't recognized by my system. Am I the only one, or haven't they implemented that command yet?

Quick Reply: MyGIG Software Update