2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

MyGIG Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 10:18 AM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: MyGIG Software Update

Actually that has been a common problem after installing the latest software.. I had a few people tell me that they were able to re-enable that feature in the Engineering menu, and others tell me that it came back after pulling the radio fuse.

I personally was not able to find an option in the Engineering menu.. (But then again I dont have the rear entertainment system installed)

I will let you know when I get a definitive answer to that issue.. In the time being you can try pulling the fuse, checking out the engineering menu, and as a last resort reverting the radio to its defaults in the Engineering menu.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:27 AM
garybuck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. I hope everyone appreciates your effort, because it has been great. In reading the posts there is alot of information to be had. Thanks again for your effort.

I also have looked at the engineering menu, and nothing comes out and bites you and says "here it is". I've tried resetting the radiuo back to factory defaults, again nothing.

Next step will be, pull the radio fuse, and if that fails, the dreaded "dealership visit".

Gary

Old 04-25-2008, 11:00 AM
TedEbear
Rookie

ORIGINAL: garybuck

According to my owners manual and the Chrysler web site, I should be able to play a DVD on my front screen if my vehicle is in park.
Your profile says that you are in Michigan. That is one of the 12 or so states where front seat video is not permitted, even if the vehicle is parked. It says this in the MyGIG manual and lists the states. The Michigan dealers disable the front seat video with their StarScan tool.

You might be able to find a Michigan dealer who will toggle it back on for you. Otherwise, maybe a weekend drive to a neighboring state is in order. Check with the out-of-state dealership first before you make the drive. They might not do it if you have Michigan plates.

The MyGIG Lockpickwill enable the front seat video, regardless of what the dealer has done to turn it off.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Jas_Oz

also go into the menu and see if rear ves is in there and make sure it is enabled.

I also have the lock pick and it is awsome! DVD on the rear screen and Ipod on the front screen.

Old 04-26-2008, 12:17 AM
cfranz

I have NoNav MyGig and its at 9.112, i have the 9.713 disk but it wont update, are the updates i need to before this? if so where do i get them? and http://mofv.com/MyGIG/ doesn't have US updates from 9.112 - 9.713. any help would be great.!.!.!.

Old 04-26-2008, 12:21 AM
Jas_Oz

dude, you are trying to update a NON NAV unit with a NAV firmware!

Have a look at the webpage you linked, the NON NAV software is the version you have. 9.712 is NAV version..it wont happen

Old 04-26-2008, 04:25 AM
futil
Veteran

Cfranz, You are up to date on your radio, Have the latest software installed, and don't need anysoftware updates installed..

Like Jaz_Oz said.. You are trying to use the wrong software update for your radio.

Old 04-26-2008, 01:31 PM
obrienj

Anybody know what "Enable Vcards" on the Engineering Menu does?

Regards,
Jim

Old 04-26-2008, 01:35 PM
obrienj

futil,

I burned a new Gracenotes DVD from your server and did a successful update, so that is solved.

Before I did that I checked and surprise, surprise the Address Book was back and intact. I do so love a system that when powered off for 20 or so minutes and powered back on it does something different. Why notjust a Reset button?

And yes, Download Phonebook isn't there yet.

Regards,
Jim

Old 04-27-2008, 02:58 PM
futil
Veteran

Glad your issue is solved.. I actually get upset (Not crying upset but very concerned upset) when I hear people having issues with their radio..

I think the reason why there is no reset button is because they never imagined all these problems with the radio/Software updates and they also assumed that a dealer would be handling the updates so it would be no big dealto make the dealer unplug a fuse.

Even though the software updates are now available on the Internet, HB and Chrysler never intended forend users to update their radios. But people are a lot more technically savvy than they once were since the Internet allows everyone to learn about anything they want and become experts on it.. So installing a software update is really not as complicated to an end user anymore as it would have been ifthey have never touched a computeror done anything remotely technical in the past.

So now we are allMyGIG experts and when the software screws up, it's annoying tonot have an easy way to reset the radio.. Something usually only a dealer mechanicwouldcomplain about (And be ignored about) in the past.. But luckilyHB is listening and are working on a way to make it easier to reset the radio..I don't know when that will be released but theyare considering implementing it.

Quick Reply: MyGIG Software Update