2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

MyGIG Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 06:46 AM
Jas_Oz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MyGIG Software Update

I spoke to Steve regarding the DVD playing at the start each time, he said:

We have a fix but not yet BETA testing

So it looks good!

Old 04-24-2008, 09:33 AM
rapidnet_rick

I did the upgrade, and have lost the custom phone name twice, and just this morning the unit did a reboot for no apparent reason.

I was just listening to the SAT radio with the map display up...next thing I knew no music, then a black screen, followed by the Dodge logo, and finally the unit came back up.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:53 AM
obrienj

fastrat350

My Sprint MOgul works great for the most part since I installed the update to my RER. It wouldn't work at all before. Once small issue is that on rare occassions after turning off the car and running into a store for a couple of minutes, the phone won't re-pair. The MyGiG knows about the phone pairing as does the Mogul. Generally after about 10 minutes it suddenly re-pairs. The has only happened 2 or 3 times since I updated 2 weeks ago.

I should note that I am also running the latest Sprint/HTC (got it from HTC) update for the Mogul.

As I have said before BT suffers from a miriad of interpretations of the spec and incompatibilites seem to be the rule. I should quickly add that when I wrote a "quick and dirty" stack a while ago the spec was less than precise in some areas.

Regards,
Jim

Old 04-24-2008, 10:00 AM
obrienj

futil,

Quick question.

When I updated Gracenotes about 20 minutes in it got an "Unrecoverable error" reading the DVD. Since that I've noticed that I no longer have an Address Book (note: I didn't check that I had one after the software update)

Arethe Gracenaote update failure and no Address Book related?

Since I used a DVD from HB, should I try to burn my own from your website and try to update Gracenotes again?

Other than this, the MyGiG seems to be working fine.

I have registered with Navteq for the NAV updates. Is this the way to proceed? Strange, but they didn't ask for VIN when I registered.

Oh BTW, is there really a "Download Phonebook" command? I haven't found it. Would be great if there was.

Regards,
Jim

Old 04-24-2008, 03:23 PM
SuperBee364

ORIGINAL: obrienj

futil,

Quick question.

When I updated Gracenotes about 20 minutes in it got an "Unrecoverable error" reading the DVD. Since that I've noticed that I no longer have an Address Book (note: I didn't check that I had one after the software update)

Arethe Gracenaote update failure and no Address Book related?

Since I used a DVD from HB, should I try to burn my own from your website and try to update Gracenotes again?

Other than this, the MyGiG seems to be working fine.

I have registered with Navteq for the NAV updates. Is this the way to proceed? Strange, but they didn't ask for VIN when I registered.

Oh BTW, is there really a "Download Phonebook" command? I haven't found it. Would be great if there was.

Regards,
Jim
I'll see if I can make a copy of the pages from my manual that describes the "Phonebook Download" verbal command, and post it here. The manual describing the command came with my 2008 Dodge Charger SRT8 SuperBee (car 876 of 1000) which I purchased just over a month ago.

Old 04-24-2008, 04:08 PM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The last I heard from Stevethe download phone book featurewas an upcoming feature and not yet implemented in 9.713.. I wish it was in 9.713 cause that would be a great feature.. You know what's funny.. I still haven't installed 9.713 on my radio yet as I have been so busy with work, emailsand the website.. So I don't really know what normal operation is like and what is a bug with that version.

The Gracenote DVD is clean on the server so I would give it a try.. I have received bad CDs/DVDs from HB in the past and they bricked my radio.. So it just goes to show you that any CD/DVD can be corrupt whether it comes directly from HB or if its downloaded and burned.

Since I realized that messing with speedlimits drops connections and can potentially corrupt a download I have not touched the servers to adjust speed or make changes that would effect the connection for a long time and wont touch them unless no one is downloading.. So downloads should me more reliable now aswhen I first posted updates I was changing speed left and right..If your burning software has a verify CD/DVD feature I highly recommend using it as I caught a few corrupt CDs that way.. And as usual try to burn at slow speeds as the MyGIG doesn't handle high speed CDs well..

This software update appears to be pretty buggy as we have been flooded with tech emails.. I am hoping 9.715 is better although I am not that hopeful that all the issues have been addressed.. The screen lockups supposedly have been fixed in this version though. But I am still lacking complete details.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:21 PM
Jas_Oz

9.715 works a treat on mine...only the DVD restarting isue but other than that PERFECT!

Old 04-25-2008, 09:44 AM
garybuck

I hope this question is not "off thread", if it is I apologize. So here goes:

According to my owners manual and the Chrysler web site, I should be able to play a DVD on my front screen if my vehicle is in park. I have attempted to do this, but the VESbutton is not an available option when I insert the DVD. Does anyone have any ideas or is this a bring back to the dealer so they can make the change internally. Before anyone asks I have a RER system, that should allow me to have this option.

Gary

Old 04-25-2008, 09:59 AM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The VES button should only be available if you have the rear entertainment package. Otherwise you should be able to view DVDs in park but you should not have a VES button.. You will just have the DVD controls on screen.

If you can't view DVDs in park at all then the dealer can enable that feature for you but you still won't have a VES button unless you install the rear video screen. The MyGIG Lockpick and AllGIG-USB will enable the VES button with or without having any rear video systems installed.

I have the LockPick installed and have the VES button enabled now.. butthe VES features are useless unless I put another video screen in.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:09 AM
garybuck

Futil,

Thanks for the reply. I do have the dual DVD feature in my vehicle,I should havestatedthat in my original post.So now I will bring the vehicle to myfriendly localdealer and see what they have to say. Don't you love technology, keeps people busy from doing other really important stuff.

Thanks,

Gary

Quick Reply: MyGIG Software Update