2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

MyGIG Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Namrac
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Downgrading

Just updated to new version and screwed up the mygig will downgrading to previous version cause more problems?

Old 09-13-2008, 11:48 AM
johnsimmons
Default 2008 Dodge Avenger

Hi everybody.....Thanks for your nice post about Dodge cars.....I like very much these type of magazines and information.........
================================================== =======
simmons
Used Cars

Old 09-19-2008, 12:59 PM
RHickman

We recently got new phones (Alltel Muse/Samsung r500) that have the issue with having to answer via a phone button, rather than the UConnect button on the dash of our 2008 Avenger RT. I'm hoping that 9.807 will fix that, plus we'd like to transfer our phone lists to MyGig. Now I'm caught in the infinite loop of trying to get update information from either Harmon/Becker or Chrysler for the MyGig nav system. HB says (via an autoresponse to an email sent to the address in a previous post) that it's Chrysler's issue to update customer units. Chrysler says they don't make the units, and no one at Chrysler so far seems to have a clue that there's a newer version of the software. My dealer's "service manager" didn't have seem to have a clue that RT's have a nav system, let alone that it can be updated, until one of his service techs told him that they have updated these systems in the past. Funny thing was, he then went and checked the car's service records, and came back claiming that the last update was installed in June 2008.

Chrysler's (outsourced) "Customer Assistance" personnel keep telling me to take it to the dealer (HA HA). No one can tell me how quickly (or not) these new updates go to the dealers.

Any advice?

Old 09-20-2008, 09:59 AM
ctuinstra
Default What happened to the 'Unofficial MyGIG Website"

Does anyone know what happened to http://mofv.com/mygig ? I haven't been able to check it for updates for a week or so. I hope we haven't lost it for good!

Old 09-21-2008, 09:14 AM
RHickman

I've been able to reach the site using the link posted at the beginning of the thread http://mofv.com/mygig/ . The 9.807 update isn't posted there yet.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:42 PM
RHickman

Turns out I was right about the system NOT having been upgraded in June 2008. Yesterday, hubby found the 9.715 upgrade disc that Chrysler mailed out in May 2008. When we started the upgrade, we found we were still running 9.014. I'm currently trying to download and burn a disc with the 9.807 update, but the first attempt was rejected as "Invalid media".

Old 09-27-2008, 01:55 PM
TedEbear
Rookie

Originally Posted by RHickman
I've been able to reach the site using the link posted at the beginning of the thread http://mofv.com/mygig/ .
Apparently you're the only one who can reach it. I haven't been able to get on there in several weeks.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:57 PM
TonyD

I am new to this forum and a new MyGIG owner. This forum thread was very active up through June, and then seemed to drop silent for July and most of August. What happened to "futil" and the website he put together? There was a wealth of info out there. The website was available a few weeks ago and now...gone. futil are you still out there or did Chrysler put a gag order out on you?

Old 11-29-2008, 05:49 PM
kmfdm515

this software is an absolute JOKE.

i still can't view albums by artist on the REN mygig? are you kidding me? the most basic of music player functionality.

who coded this thing? chimps?

Old 03-24-2009, 09:07 PM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Everyone,

I have been out of the loop for so long that most of you probably already downloaded this software but I just placed the latest RER 1.229 (Not a typo.. They reset the Version Numbers) Software update and Gracenotes Version 1287 on the http://MofV.com/MyGIG/ site.

As to questions of what happened to me, I had to drop out of the scene for a while cause I was taking on too many projects then my life essentially fell apart leaving me with very little time to maintain the web site. I am trying to get back into the scene and get the site maintained again as I get more time since things are starting to slow down in my life right now.

I was not given a gag order by Chrysler.. Well yet.. lol and will keep the Unofficial MyGIG page up as long as possible. although new updates to the page may be slow I will try to get back in the groove and get things going again.

Thanks again for your support,

Futil

Quick Reply: MyGIG Software Update