2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

MyGIG Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 01:13 PM
SuperBee364
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MyGIG Software Update

I'm having two issues with my radio, but I must first give a huge thanks to futil for his website and updates. I was able to update my radio's software to the latest version (including Gracenotes) without a hitch. I was hoping the updated software would enable the "Phonebook Download" command, and take care of the two problems I'm having, but it didn't. Anyway... I'm using an iPod connected through the USB port to the radio.

1. I am not able to use any of the iPod's playlists. They don't show up on the myGig unit. Only "iPod Control". Copying the songs to the HDD enables the Genre, Composer, etc. type playlists, but not the playlists that I created on the iPod.

2. Some of the songs from the iPod are displayed using some random four digit name, plus the ".mp3" tag on the end. The vast majority of song names are correct, but there's about 89 or so that do this. The songs are displayed correctly in iTunes and on the iPod itself, just not on the myGig unit. I have updated the iPod to the latest iPod software. I've updated iTunes as well. As a last ditch effort, I reformatted the iPod, updated the software, then reloaded the iPod. Then I went out to the car, completely deleted all iPod related stuff on the myGig, and started with a fresh try. I'm still getting random four letter song names with the ".mp3" suffix on some songs.

Any one else having this problem? Any suggestions?

Old 04-30-2008, 05:18 AM
KnightStream

Feel free to trounce on this one... I have a question for y'all:

I asked my Dodge dealership if I could get the latest MyGig updates installed there, as the Avenger I bought last week was sitting in the lot for quite some time and had the old version (9.561?). They said that all the updates inCLUding the nav updates happened automatically via sattelite. (...jeesh)

Also, I went to the navteq website for the nav update and my car isn't even listed. I'd ask my dealership, but their people seem to be feeding me disinformation as it is, so I wanted to come to where the truth is ALWAYS spoken!... The Internet!

Anyone know of a proper course for me to take?

Old 04-30-2008, 07:26 AM
garybuck

Knightstream:

Welcome to the forum.

Regarding udpates the following web site in my opinion is A+. The web site contains a ton of information regarding mygig and all things connected to mygig. The web site url is:

http://mofv.com/mygig/

The website has been created by user "futil" who is a major contributor to this forum. On this site you can find updates for all the different mygig configurations currently available from Chrysler. Follow the instructions on the site when downloading / unzipping the files and when updating the radio. This should take care of you.

Regarding navteq not having your vehicle listed, this is correct. I believe that at this time they do not have any navigation updates for the Chrysler / Dodge vehicles.

Hope this helps,

Gary

Old 04-30-2008, 07:54 AM
KnightStream

Thank you Mr. Buck!

It looks like a great site! I'll check it out today!

Old 05-01-2008, 10:53 AM
Cylon

I also would like to extend my gratitude to Futil for all his efforts and resources. I recently purchased a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee with nav MyGIG and paired my nextel without any issues. Then when i realized that nextel's service, especially on the road, is simply not acceptable, I swithced over to verizon, got the voyager (sick phone) and that's where the pairing stopped. In a quagmire, I searched the web (great help Chrylser, really), and not being that proficient, or being able to phrase my search correctly, i stumbled, i bumbled, and viola, I found this incredible Dodge Forum (I know I drive a Jeep, but once I found this thread, fuggedaboutit!). I d/l the 9.713 update, burned it with Roxio w/o a hitch, put the cd in, and the initial update screen came on, and asked to update (yes or no), but when I pushed the yes button, nothing would happen. I did not realize that the MyGIG was not on. I just turned on the radio and then it worked no problem. In fact, once it restated, I did not get the update from 9.713 to 9.713 screen at the end of installation where one is supposed to choose "No" and then eject the cd. It merely rebooted and went to the radio. I ejected the cd, and the pairing workes perfectly with the voyager. thank you thank you thank you. I also think the screen is now tighter than before (don't remeber the number of my installed version). I am now going to burn the gracenote and leave my two cents to help otheres along the way in case they encounter any similar issues. I believe this is one of the best attributes of these chat boards. Reading about what others have gone through is extremely helpful for others who are not so computer savy. One question if anybody knows: the US nav map update is not up for d/l. Does this mean that b/c of proprietary bullsh*t that we must pay the fee and get it from those nav folks? If anybody knows, it would be greatly appreciated.

I would be remiss for not thanking futil (and goaler) for all their efforts once more. It reminds me of how tapers at grateful dead shows would share tech info and gear for the greater good. Well done boys, well done.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Cylon

Question everybody: I d/l the gracenote, but once unzipped, there is a folder and what appears to be a text file. When you burn the dvd, do you include the folder and the text file, or just the contents of what is in the file folder labeled GNDB?

thanks again

Old 05-05-2008, 12:18 AM
fastrat350

I hear there has been a new software release? the 9.715 appears to be shipping out already and was curious if anyone knows this is true? and when will it be available for download?

Old 05-06-2008, 12:50 PM
futil
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cylon, The DVD Root directoryshould contain only one folder and one file.. The root DVD directory structure is as follows:

GNDB (Folder)
gnupdate (File)

Fastrat350, Yes there is a new release and it is posted on the unofficial MyGIG site for download.

I don't know how great this software update will be as I am already hearing complaints about it.. Nothing catastrophic but things likeincorrect update from Versionto Version messages, incorrect version showing up in the software version screen after install.. So far that has been the worst of the issues..

I also do not have any bug fix information about the update either.

If you would like to be informed when new software is released on the site please sign upfor the mailing list group on the forums.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:04 AM
obrienj

Any body heard anything about updated maps (2008) for the MyGig?

Regards,
Jim

Old 06-03-2008, 01:53 PM
TedEbear
Rookie

There was a discussion on a Nitro forum several weeks ago that said the 2008 map datebase updates would be available in about a month from navteq.com.The costwill be$200.

Here's the discussion link: MyGIG Nav Database Updates

Quick Reply: MyGIG Software Update