2nd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

Who here actually owns a truck?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 01:16 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Who here actually owns a truck?

Well after talking with many people that own a truck and say they will never abuse their truck or afraid to haul anything with it. When I hear that it pisses me off like ok why do you own a truck then. I have 4x4 so I can use it I have a bed so I can haul stuff how many of you guys on here actually use your truck what it was intended for? I haul wood,dirt,rocks,scap metal,atv. Im curious to see who does lol post up some pics if you want Also im in need of new shocks , Recommended brand something HD?

Yes she is abused and used but thats what I have a truck for
1012091236a.jpg

IMG_0066-1.jpg

Milfordslogging.jpg

IMG_7236.jpg

IMG_7237.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_7046.jpg

IMG_7015.jpg

IMG_7014.jpg

Old 06-08-2010, 01:29 AM
Independentfool
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i feel like we had a thread like this awhile ago......

but yeah i actually bought my truck because i needed something to haul my quad around. Of course its seen other duties, hauling a close to 1 ton of rock, dirt, yard debris, moving etc. BTW i still find it funny i paid more than double for my quad than i did my Dakota!

Old 06-08-2010, 02:06 AM
ccrunner
Veteran

Take my atv to my old job. Occasional 2,000 pounds in the bed plus another 2k on the low boy. Talk about haulin **** the 5.9 gets it done.

Old 06-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker

see i bought a truck cause i want a truck, i rarely get to haul stuff most of the time unless im transporting product in between stores when im at work, i will start to tow stuff once my stepdad lets me take out his bass boat on my own(which will never happen cause its his baby) or when he eventually buys a salt water boat

Old 06-08-2010, 09:11 AM
crateampsrock
Veteran

gotchya beet bro...every weekend..

Last edited by crateampsrock; 09-19-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:16 PM
dakotajac97

I have a 99 dakota, 4x4, 5.2, 5 speed. In the winter I do sidewalk snow removal in Toledo, Ohio and haul close to 2000 lbs on a regular basis. It's mostly bags of salt and snow blowers and shovels. It hauls it just fine but it does squat alot. I'm planning on putting air bags on the truck this fall before the winter.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:02 PM
canadian dakota
Record Breaker

originally bought it for work hailing drywall. now its a toy lol believe me my 08 has the war wounds to prove it

Old 06-08-2010, 01:09 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes sir I use my truck, I haul alot of things. My *** being one , I have helped friends move, moved my fiance etc

Heres some light hauling

0913091514.jpg

downsized_0315091731.jpg

Old 06-08-2010, 02:37 PM
cowboy63645
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the only picture I have of my truck doing some actual work. I had to haul in some sand for the kid's sandbox, and to put under the new pool.

Old 06-08-2010, 03:38 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Independentfool
i feel like we had a thread like this awhile ago......

but yeah i actually bought my truck because i needed something to haul my quad around. Of course its seen other duties, hauling a close to 1 ton of rock, dirt, yard debris, moving etc. BTW i still find it funny i paid more than double for my quad than i did my Dakota!
Yeah I wasnt sure lol I just talked to a guy last night at lowes had a really nice lifted ram 3500 mega cab cummins was talking to him and I said so I bet it looks good with mud on it too and he say nah Ive had it for 2 years and it might see a dirt road about once or twice a year I said to myself ok why do you have a truck so I let that one go and I said how does that cummins like to tow he said I dont know I never hauled anything I was like geesh man you have a truck not a honda civic and I think he kinda got pissed haha

Originally Posted by Josh Abels
see i bought a truck cause i want a truck, i rarely get to haul stuff most of the time unless im transporting product in between stores when im at work, i will start to tow stuff once my stepdad lets me take out his bass boat on my own(which will never happen cause its his baby) or when he eventually buys a salt water boat
Yeah my bro in law just got a boat. Got a great deal on it pretty much out every weekend now and im lovin it lol I wish I had a boat

Originally Posted by lghtngblt02
Yes sir I use my truck, I haul alot of things. My *** being one , I have helped friends move, moved my fiance etc

Heres some light hauling

Hey you know your supposed to be riding that bike not hauling it lol

Quick Reply: Who here actually owns a truck?