2nd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

My wishlist is starting to get out of hand...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 11:10 PM
Wes Garrett
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

truth betold, at this point a 2nd truck with a diesel is a freaking pipedream.. it aint happening anytime soon, unless i hit big on the mass state lotto... haha ya fckin right..

Old 01-13-2013, 11:53 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 153 Likes on 140 Posts

same here with a racecar. Thus, morph.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:01 AM
Wes Garrett
Veteran

pipe dream or not, it will happen, even if i have to drive the dak into the ground to make the money to get it.. this dak will be my point vehicle in my transportation business venture..

side note
i mean theres absolutely no real point to it, but i would love to see a set of duallys on a dak!!!!

Old 01-14-2013, 01:07 AM
magnethead
Legend

Originally Posted by Wes Garrett
pipe dream or not, it will happen, even if i have to drive the dak into the ground to make the money to get it.. this dak will be my point vehicle in my transportation business venture..

side note
i mean theres absolutely no real point to it, but i would love to see a set of duallys on a dak!!!!
Here are two 6x6 dakotas. You might look into that. Dually dakotas do exist but you have to narrow the axle because it just looks plain funky.

Plus you'll need an axle which reads off the third member for the speed sensor, which I'm not sure how many exist as a dually axle.

What has been done for 6x6's, a ford 9 or GM Corp 14 bolt with a gear-over box to pass the driveshaft to the third axle, which was the stocker.

Since you've converted yours to a cab/chassis, you have very few restrictions to what you can do.

Last edited by magnethead; 01-14-2013 at 01:18 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:22 AM
Wes Garrett
Veteran

the first one looks funky, but explains how i saw a dakota built as a camper in a town close to me.. but the third pic, and the yellow dak look freaking nice.. the 2nd pic, looks like they put a dually hub on a standard length axle... look at the inside wheel, its perfectly inline with the front wheel..
most duallys i see, the center line of the 2 rears is inline with the front axle

Old 01-14-2013, 01:33 AM
magnethead
Legend

the first one looks funky, but explains how i saw a dakota built as a camper in a town close to me.. but the third pic, and the yellow dak look freaking nice.. the 2nd pic, looks like they put a dually hub on a standard length axle... look at the inside wheel, its perfectly inline with the front wheel..
most duallys i see, the center line of the 2 rears is inline with the front axle
Like i said, dually ones just look funky. One problem is that finding a rim with our goofy bolt pattern is impossible ( = custom = $$), another is that neither the chry 8.25 or 9.25 can be made into a dually axle [safely], so you have to pull the axle from a dodge dually, narrow it, get custom shafts made, and put it in.

Dually axles are free-floaters so that if the axle breaks, you don't lose the tireset. On a semi-float, the wheels bolt directly to the axle, which is supported by an axle bearing. On a dually, the axle is a spindle, and the hub slides over it like the front axle, then the axle shaft slides in from the outside and attaches to the hub.

Racecars faster than some number I forget have to be full-float.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:38 AM
Wes Garrett
Veteran

i like that, and im saying that based off the fact, u do racing, and with that precision specs have to be DEAD on.. wich explains all the math.. maybe you can provide me some insight, im having issues with the exhaust manifold studs.. i got a topic on the issue on here, should still be on page one

EDIT: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...old-snafu.html
it wasnt on the front page.. haha heres the link

Old 01-14-2013, 02:25 AM
magnethead
Legend

i like that, and im saying that based off the fact, u do racing, and with that precision specs have to be DEAD on.. wich explains all the math..
Precision? Math? I have no idea what you speak of.... (See: first post in this thread)

We moved the motor forward and front axle line backwards over winter....didn't quite realize how close some things are. Stepping up from 850 HP to 1000 HP and wanted to get our weight center further forward. The scales will show how much moving the motor forward 1/4" and axle-line backward 1/8" changed.

20130113_205347.jpg

20130112_213613.jpg

20130112_213735.jpg

20130112_213715.jpg

Old 01-14-2013, 02:34 AM
Wes Garrett
Veteran

hmmm i wonder how that powerplant would do with trailer towing.. hahahahaha omg that would be the fastest trailer hauler.. ive ever seen anyway...

Old 01-14-2013, 02:50 AM
magnethead
Legend

hmmm i wonder how that powerplant would do with trailer towing.. hahahahaha omg that would be the fastest trailer hauler.. ive ever seen anyway...
At 2.25 gallons of methanol in 5.6 seconds, And expecting it to use 2.75 gals in 5.3 seconds with new build, I don't think you'd get far.

We made a 1000' pass in the fall, it shut down at the turnoff from running dry. It probably wouldn't make it to 1/4 mile. The tank is only 3 gals.

Quick Reply: My wishlist is starting to get out of hand...