2nd Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

Opinions on what my truck is worth.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 05:50 PM
Corsair15
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on what my truck is worth.

I need some opinions on what my truck might be worth. I'm thinking of getting something bigger but I'm not sure yet. Here are the stats:

-'02 SXT V6 with 2wd
-roughly 89000 miles
-PA 3" body lift
-Ultra Drifter wheels 16"
-Mickey Thompson STZ tires 265/75R16
-custom exhaust (from muffle back with dual tips in black)
-LED tail lights
-crystal headlights with aftermarket bulbs (not HID's)
-Kenwood speakers
-Realtree camo headliner
-aftermarket mesh style grille

The truck is in great shape, maintenance is all up to date. It was repainted before I got it so it doesn't have that classic dodge peeling paint syndrome. All in all, it's a great little truck... any ideas of what I might be able to get out of it?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
photo 1.jpg (96.3 KB, 22 views)
Old 11-20-2013, 05:52 PM
Corsair15

The picture here doesn't have the new grille installed btw..

Old 11-20-2013, 06:19 PM
00DakDan
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

I moved this thread into "general discussions."

Old 11-21-2013, 09:44 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ill give you 5 bucks for it! lol Its hard to tell and depends on your location. Best bet is to look on craigslist,ebay,local paper see what similar trucks are going for. Here in pa prob 5 grand(max). Trust me once you go bigger you will wonder how you ever made do. I was out of room in my ext cab dakota so I got a ram. Kinda wish I went a few years more and got a mega cab lol

Last edited by dodgeramguy85; 11-22-2013 at 12:06 AM.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:26 PM
Blacknights
Veteran
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

In Maryland, you would've got 3-4 grand if you were lucky enough to find a buyer. The dude will probably be Hispanic or a teenager. In Georgia, 3 grand you'd have a few buyers probably, 4 grand if you aren't wanting to sell it quick. Out here in Missouri, who the hell knows, maybe 2-4 grand. The teenagers and 21 year olds want the biggest truck they can own, but then college kids, families and grandpas like Dakotas and Durangos. My college is crazy with Dakotas, every parking lot has them from 1st gens to '07s (a couple 08+ are owned by townspeople). I've lost count of them after 15; 4 of my friend here own one.

Old 11-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Corsair15

Thanks for the input guys! I was thinking it would be somewhere in the 4 to 5 grand-ish area. For me, I feel like my truck is kind of pointless. its small, doesn't have 4 wheel drive and is only a V6 lol. I know I want to get as much as possible out of it so I can make a good down payment on another truck that's bigger!

Old 11-23-2013, 06:59 PM
sxrsil3nt
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll give you $1000 and a straight trade for my Dak.

In all seriousness, in Ontario you would probably get $5000 if a teenager(providing they got money) bought it. Otherwise you're looking at about $3500... Not a 4x4 which dominates the truck market here due to our nasty winters + all the mods you got in it.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:39 PM
cmikolajczyk
Professional

Originally Posted by Corsair15
I need some opinions on what my truck might be worth. I'm thinking of getting something bigger but I'm not sure yet. Here are the stats: -'02 SXT V6 with 2wd -roughly 89000 miles -PA 3" body lift -Ultra Drifter wheels 16" -Mickey Thompson STZ tires 265/75R16 -custom exhaust (from muffle back with dual tips in black) -LED tail lights -crystal headlights with aftermarket bulbs (not HID's) -Kenwood speakers -Realtree camo headliner -aftermarket mesh style grille The truck is in great shape, maintenance is all up to date. It was repainted before I got it so it doesn't have that classic dodge peeling paint syndrome. All in all, it's a great little truck... any ideas of what I might be able to get out of it?
Down here in south Texas, maybe 3-3,500. Sorry, but a single cab short bed 2wd is the smallest and least valuable of ALL trucks, so you'd be lucky at getting 3,500, they usually sell like yours for $2-3,000.

Once you get a big V8 like my 5.9L V8 4x4 Durango, you will never want to go back. More power, more room, more everything. But it's nice having a gas saver, but that's what a motorcycle is for, lol. I wouldn't settle for anything less than a big V8 4x4 extended cab vehicle. I will never go back, because what is the point in a truck if it's not all that it can be? Why only 2wd, or why only a v6, or why only a single cab, now that is the question.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Opinions on what my truck is worth.