2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

totaled my truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007 | 02:20 AM
rhowe
|
Professional
Default totaled my truck

so it took about 2 weeks but they finaly came to write an estimate for my 01 v-6 dak w/91k milesthat was hit sunday.over six grand in damages on a truck thats supposedly worth $5500. pretty pissed off right now because i bought that truck when it was new and babied it ever since. easily could have gotten another 150,000mile out of it. it was worth a lot more than$5500 to me, but time to move on i guess. in the past six months i put on a smaller crank pulley, a worked over v-8 throttle body with new throttlecable, and msd 8.5 super conducter wires. oh and a k&n drop in.i'm gunna try togo rip these parts off before they tow the truck away on fridayso if any body is lookin for any of these parts let me know...

Old 04-05-2007 | 03:27 AM
Rakaric
Record Breaker
Default RE: totaled my truck

ouch, man. What happened? I had an accident February 2006, where i lost control on a turn a side swiped a tree. The tree died a horrible death (since it was a thin one) and I had a major dent in the extended part of the cab. Luckily it missed the door...wlda cost more then. My brother who is a major in mechanical engineering, and knows cars very well, scared me by sayin the auto insurance comnpany will declare it totalled, since the repair includes removing the bed so they can paint the side, which is a lot of work. Damages were about $2,000 and that includes the paint. I was lucky there.

Old 04-05-2007 | 04:19 AM
wink2873
Record Breaker

that sucks dude. i had an accident where i went around a corner and stomped on it andended up sideways and hit a parked car. I kinda bounced off the side of this dodge intrepid. The intrepid was totalled and my dak needed a new fender. I didnt even knock it out of alignment. I used to drive like an idiot.

Old 04-05-2007 | 06:32 AM
DaDodgeMan

Man I hit my Dads Expedition Fiber Glass against steel isn't so great so next week I'm spending over 900 dollars in parts because I need a complete bumper and grille from Mopar so, My truck can be original again yayayaya and If your rims are still good send me a pm rhowe I'll buy them off of you

Old 04-05-2007 | 11:16 AM
rhowe
|
Professional

no i've been a good driver lately. my truck was parked infront of my house when it was hit. its so expensive because thedrive axle was pushed forward possibly weakening the transmission and the diff. one of the wheels was hit so they probally aren't worth it even though the tire are barely 4 months old.

Old 04-05-2007 | 01:50 PM
f0x672
Champion

im ignorant about the whole insurance thing but i would try and keep the truck to make it a part truck and get yourself a similar dak so you have a ton of spare parts unless the insurance company paid you for the truck and took the title, still trying to understand the whole insurance companys are asses and what they do

Old 04-05-2007 | 02:33 PM
rhowe
|
Professional

they're deffinitly trying to low ball me. they'll give me $3900 and let me keep the truck or $5500 and they take the truck. i just bought a $6000 jeep for $3000 so i don't really need another vehicle so i'm probaly gunna take the cash plus we have a baby on the way so cash is good right now. i'm sure gunna miss having a that dam truck though!!

Old 04-05-2007 | 02:56 PM
f0x672
Champion

man sorry to hear, another dak bites to dust.. i know its to late but if you kbb.com it, private party price, i would of fought the insurance company with the value of the truck from kbb since i have an o1, v6 mag as well and when i got my dak as a present, the state tried fighting me for $600 in tax cause they valued the truck at $10k, but i won, long story on that, but maybe sometime in the future, get another dak and have some fun

Old 04-05-2007 | 06:26 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion

sorry to hear about the accident. good luck with the jeep

I was in an accident last summer with the 99. I rearended a toyota corolla or somethin like that. there was $6,500 in damages to my truck and like 3k for the car. I slid up onto his trunk. it wrote off my front end. I was kinda wishing they woulda totalled it. it didnt look that bad at the time, untill they started ripping stuff apart. theres still suff that should be replaced but I fought them and they wont replace them. and it never really rides the same afterwards.

I slowed down alot since then. I cant afford any more tickets.

Old 04-05-2007 | 07:57 PM
Chris
Record Breaker

Sorry to hear. Insurance companies will always want you to pay the most, then give you the least back in return. They bug the crap out of me. However, if you can take the TB off, I would love to take it off your hands!

Quick Reply: totaled my truck