2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Finally... :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 03:25 AM
Kendra
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally... :)

Well as of June 9th a 2001 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4 is mine. After several weeks of looking and debate I finally found a nice Dodge. I was having problems parting with my Pontiac (so it went to the parents) and so I chose work over play when it came to the vehicle. I have horses, so a truck pulls far more weight than my car ever would. The Dodge is a 2001, 108k mileage. The KBB was $8.7k and we bought it for $8k, which isn't that bad considering sticker price at the dealer was $9.9k. The mileage is decent for this area, nothing is close enough!

So, I got a few pics of her,I haven't used the clay bar or waxed her yet. So this is pretty much straight from the dealer + some pine pollen. Basically she was babied by whoever had her, the truck bed lining is still pristine and there are hardly any dents or scratches. Do have two chips in the window shield, but we'll fix that later... not a priority since it's not in a bad spot and it's not spreading.
(someone kick me if this is the wrong area =) I'm used to the GP forum and I'm just assuming it goes here)

I plan on doing the following to it:
- Tinted tails
- Clear corner headlights and new headlights (burnt)
- CD player + stereo system (cassette as of now)

Old 06-11-2007, 03:35 AM
Billiam
Champion
Default RE: Finally... :)

Looks nice. I like the color. And the bed cover!

Old 06-11-2007, 03:39 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just get the one peice burnt headlights, clear corners are what go on with the stock lights, ebay has some nice one peices. Im about to switch mine out.

very nice truck, always liked the blue and black.. and of-course i got stuck with white.. but it was theonly R/T around.. that was a SC.. ill save for a paint job..

but ya, not only can you tow with it.. you can whoopsome ricer *** while towing..

5.2 or 4.7?

Old 06-11-2007, 06:36 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

if its an 8 i would bet its a 4.7 bc iirc they stopped making the 5.2 in the daks in 1999, the 4.7 came out for 2000

Old 06-11-2007, 07:31 PM
f0x672
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

beautiful truck, not my kind of color on a dakota, but hell if your happy, thats all that matters, let the midifications begin.. haha enjoy it

Old 06-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Kendra

Thanks for the comments folks

ORIGINAL: User2006

Just get the one peice burnt headlights, clear corners are what go on with the stock lights, ebay has some nice one peices. Im about to switch mine out.

very nice truck, always liked the blue and black.. and of-course i got stuck with white.. but it was theonly R/T around.. that was a SC.. ill save for a paint job..

but ya, not only can you tow with it.. you can whoopsome ricer *** while towing..

5.2 or 4.7?
Yeah, I had clear corners on my GP and the ones I’ve found thus far for the Dakota still have that ‘egg yolk’ corner—hopefully I can come across one that doesn’t.

Yeah, blue n’ black I favor more—that was one plus for my Pontiac. Just need to add a few things and that’ll do it for the exterior mods.

It’s a V6 btw. (not sure what the answer would be since I'm new to the trucks)

ORIGINAL: f0x672

beautiful truck, not my kind of color on a dakota, but hell if your happy, thats all that matters, let the midifications begin.. haha enjoy it
I personally like dark blue better, but it seems alright on the Dakota. Sticks out like a sore thumb in the HS parking lot lol. But, it’s what I think has to grow on my—wouldn’t have picked another though.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:58 AM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice truck. I like that colour. its better then purple

I didnt like my colour when I got it but its grown on me.

Old 06-12-2007, 03:01 AM
Billiam
Champion

ORIGINAL: jonnymagnum

nice truck. I like that colour. its better then purple

I didnt like my colour when I got it but its grown on me.
I like that purple. I think its a sweet looking color on the truck. I'd drive it.

Quick Reply: Finally... :)