2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Modifications for '04 4.7L Dakota

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 03:03 AM
Krogers1977
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modifications for '04 4.7L Dakota

I just bought one and I am looking to add a few mods. I ordered a hood and intake system already. I'm now looking at the next step. I heard HO cams and intake manifold, IAT sensor mod, true dual exhuast or catback(2.5 inch??) are the next logical step...is this correct?

BTW I can't seem to find intake manifolds...suggestions? Also any performance websites would be helpful. Thanks!

Old 10-07-2004, 03:28 AM
DakMan6704
Captain
Default RE: Modifications for '04 4.7L Dakota

how old is this truck?!?!....Its a pretty peppy truck to begin with.. with intake and a flowmaster, im pretty happy...Im curious to see what hood you have gotten and what intake? i know the k&n is pretty much junk....no performance gains...a few i have found only work on the 2wd or havent been made for the o4s yet. anyway...the only thing i think the truck really needs is low end torque.. but then again, i have a 4wd and dont race...hourly........let me know about the hood and hopefully we will see some pics soon...

Old 10-07-2004, 11:09 AM
Hit_it
Rookie

I just installed a replacement K&N filter and I am waiting to install 2" drop shackles. I do not like how the dakota's come with the raked stance, I will get it done this weekend. This morning I will be dropping off my truck at Line-X to get the bed sparyed. Can't wait !!!! Then, I am going to save up for dyno max super turbo muffler. The reason for my choice is I don't want it much louder than the stock exhaust. Good luck on your purchases and keep us updated. Eric

Old 10-07-2004, 11:37 AM
DakMan6704
Captain

The line-x is really nice...youll like it. i alsodont like the rake, but want a lift kitt...thinkin about air ride...time will tell...

Old 10-08-2004, 12:45 AM
tanker

any idea what mods void the warrenty?

Old 10-08-2004, 03:26 AM
DakMan6704
Captain

pretty sure suspension mods will, beyond maybe the shackles and torquing on the torsion bars, but oils and such that are gov. rated like mobil 1 do not as far as I can tell. Plus, I dont know many techs that would look at oil and know it is mobil 1 vs. regular oil (no offense to anyone who can....)other than that, read the small novel in tiny writing they gave you....should be done about the time, oh say.....your warranty is up...

Old 10-08-2004, 11:32 AM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: tanker

any idea what mods void the warrenty?
Any part failure that results from modifications will automatically have the warranty voided.

Old 10-08-2004, 11:34 AM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Krogers1977

I just bought one and I am looking to add a few mods. I ordered a hood and intake system already. I'm now looking at the next step. I heard HO cams and intake manifold, IAT sensor mod, true dual exhuast or catback(2.5 inch??) are the next logical step...is this correct?

BTW I can't seem to find intake manifolds...suggestions? Also any performance websites would be helpful. Thanks!
If you want to stick to the Mopar brand and keep that factory appearance, goto http://www.mopar.com

They have lots of performance parts and accessories for Dakota/Durango/Ram, and lot of their cars also. The good thing is that you keep the Mopar name under the hood. They do have a NICE high performance intake manifold from Mopar. I think it is the M1 intake manifold. They also carry their Mopar Cold air Intake, Exhaust kits such as headers, pipes, mufflers also.

Old 10-10-2004, 04:12 PM
southeastperformance
Rookie

you can usually slide with hotchkis lowering since your not changing the stock suspension characteristics. in that, i mean your not drilling out revits for hangers, blocks ect. locally, dealerships don't pay much attention to hotchkis since its a leaf, coil swap and no radical modifications are made. i put some new 4.7 billet mods on the web site that could add some HP and pass also. i have seen 25-30 hp gains from adding the 4.7 HO cams and intake manifold with a 70mm tb. add a paxton blower on this and you can really back jump some people. if i can help you with some info, give me a shout.

Old 10-19-2004, 10:03 PM
CYCLONE_06
Veteran

I keep tellin you guys / gals Johns the man. Listen to him, he knows his stuff. Im one of his best customers

~CYCLONE_06 a.k.a. Wayne H.

Quick Reply: Modifications for '04 4.7L Dakota