2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Alchohol Injection

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 07:43 PM
98whitekota
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alchohol Injection

Alchohol Injection how dose it work???? what the power advantage ? how much is? any one that has it give me all the info u can thnx

Old 09-20-2007, 08:56 PM
imnothot02
Record Breaker
Default RE: Alchohol Injection

oh geez

Old 09-20-2007, 09:15 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I dont know exactly what you would have to do but I have heard myths like you have to pour cement into you cooling block to streathen it. and who knows if you have to!! But this is a cool site for anything to do with racing. It have info on building engines for superchargers nitrus and alot more search around you might find it. http://www.grapeaperacing.com/tech/

Old 09-20-2007, 10:41 PM
imnothot02
Record Breaker

yea fill it with cement

Old 09-20-2007, 11:05 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

uh................ WHAT~
sheesh...

Old 09-20-2007, 11:07 PM
DAKNBLK
Professional

I think you have to use synthetic headlight fluid.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:23 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Okay I found a good site for it http://www.geocities.com/rad87gn/tech/alcohol.html
I think this is the filler you use like some kind of cement. http://store.summitracing.com/partde...p;autoview=sku

Old 09-21-2007, 07:44 AM
imnothot02
Record Breaker

hahah lol i heard ya just use the stock motor filler up! leter rip!!

Old 09-21-2007, 12:05 PM
rtkota5point9
All Star

Come on guys... I don't think he's talking about an achohol fueled engine. "rolls eyes" lol He's talking about alchohol injection as it pertaines to adding it to a gasoline engine.

I'm running alky injection from Kennedy's Dyno Tune.Basically you set it for a certain RPM to kick in, and on mine I have a pressureswitch that willonly allow it to kick in while im in boost, not just cruising down the highway. There is a tank, a pump, and a nozzle that goes in the airhat. I used my windshield washer bottle as the tank because it holds nearly a gallon (which usually lasts mea whole tank of gas) and it lets you know right on the dash when it's low cuz the "LOW WASH" light will come on. Plusthe mix works great for windshield washer fluid too (although the smell is strong when you do that) You can runhalf/half methonol and distilled water,rubbing alhohol (80% or above)and distilled water, or even straight washer fluid which basically consists of... methonol and water . I run the alky/water mix.

The alchohol injection alone doesn't add much, if any power. The advantage of the alchohol injection is it reduces combustion chamber temperatures. The reduced temp, along with the little bit of added octane from the alchohol allows you to run more timing without getting pre-detonation. The advanced timing is what actually gives you the power, not the alchohol. It's especially useful in boosted applications because you need to retard a lot of timing with the stock compression ratio, otherwise you'll get pinging. With the alky, you can pretty much run no timing retard at all, which gains you quite a bit of power.

You could use it on an N/A setup, as long as you had some way of controlling the timing so you could advance it. But the benefits over cost on an N/A engine is not going to be nearly as much as in a boosted application.

Hope that clears up some things.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:47 PM
Twiztid
Veteran

Good to see someone give a real answer. I all I saw before you posted was a bunch of people showing they know nothing of the topic and just wanted to bash someone.

+1 for 5point -10 for the rest of you

Quick Reply: Alchohol Injection