2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Very Important !

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 07:43 PM
01DakR/t
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very Important !

Ok, ive seen this several time before and im interested, ok ive seen videos of dakotas having single and dual turbos, now money isnt the issue so i was wondering whats the best turbo and the best kit for the turbo, because i want to make my truck the fastest at highschool, ( Sophmore ) and everybody says i should, so just wondering if anybody knows, if i confused you, tell me and ill clear it up, thanks for any and all help.

Thanks,
Corbin
[align=left] [/align]

Old 12-03-2007, 07:54 PM
imnothot02
Record Breaker
Default RE: Very Important !

WELLLL how much modification do you want to do to the motor? you could run one at say 2-4lbs boost on a almost stock motor...but thats kinda boring if you have tons of cash...

Old 12-03-2007, 07:57 PM
spencea15
Record Breaker

Look as a 19 year old i can say leave it alone for know the more power you the more likly you are to totale the truck. Also at a young age you like to see what you can do and prove yourself to others trust me I have a debt to prove it(and this was with a stock civic) i am a pretty good driver but when you and your budies start to play trouble starts.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:57 PM
01DakR/t

Well my friend has a Neon Srt4 and he's pumping out 18psi max, i want about 12-16psi if possible, and the motor is far from stock, its being bored to a 408 stroker as we speak so it'll handle a good amount of horsepower, but i wanna be able to atleast stay or pass my friend up and show him trucks can beat freakin tuner cars, lol.

Oh i have about 15k to spend max.

Thanks,
Corbin
[align=left] [/align]

Old 12-03-2007, 08:05 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well I would go with a 418. all that is different from the 408 kit is different crank. and dual turbo's are tight to fit in the engine bay. why dont you want to supercharge it? I think paxton sells a kit for dakotas. and whats all getting done to your motor? and what heads are you going with?

Old 12-03-2007, 08:05 PM
spencea15
Record Breaker

Man i wish i had 15k to spend on a car or truck. Heck the third car i drove my parents spent under that for a brand new civic, they got a good deal. By the way my first two vehicles died do to mecanical problems.
With that type of money you can do a lot just try not to trash the trans.
EDIT. What all are you doing to the motor i want details sounds cool.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:06 PM
01DakR/t

Thats no worry to me spencea15 because my backup vehicle is my moms truck, which is now mine, its a 2004 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT Cummins Turbo Diesel, so i have a backup, but ok ill lower it, how about maybe atleast 8-10psi ? and how much horsepower will the 408 put out ? its having everything imaginable done to it, just wondering is all.

Thanks,
Corbin
[align=left] [/align]

Old 12-03-2007, 08:18 PM
01DakR/t

Sorry spencea15 but its an X-Mas present to me that my dad is having done, so i have absolutely no clue at all, but once it gets done and i get the parts list, ill let you all know, and i dont like SuperChargers b-c they run an extra belt that robs a lil bit of HP, so im going with hopefully a huge single turbo once i get the name motor broken in, but i need suggestions on websites, turbos, the basics, oh and my B-Day is December 25th, ima Christmas boy, lol
[align=left] [/align]

Old 12-03-2007, 09:47 PM
wink2873
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i remember when I was in high school and drove like an idiot. I ended up paying for it big time. Besides, isnt having a freakin 408 power enough for you? it's probably faster than an srt4 anyway. unless you have like forged rods and a forged crank and all that stuff, you'll just blow it up.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:37 PM
cleverusername
Rookie

as i was reading this post, i noticed there are a lot of people that slamming this guy about trying to make his truck faster, better, and stronger. am i wrong, or isn't that what this forum is about? it shouldn't matter what the age of someone is that is fixing up their truck. im sure when you guys were his age, looking for advice on beefing up your vehicles, people told you the same thing, about how your going to pay for it. but you did it anyway...its called LIFE. thats how you learn. the guy is young and full of testosterone, he probably has more than all of you guys put together, seeing how your levels go down the older you get. and just because you drove like and idiot, doesn't mean everybody else does. lighten up a bit, its almost christmas. good luck dude, and i'll be looking forward to seeing the work done to your truck.

Quick Reply: Very Important !