2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.
View Poll Results: who's gonna win?
me
83.33%
him
16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

gonna take some reicer's money this sunday

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 01:53 AM
rtdakota2001
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking gonna take some reicer's money this sunday

dude at my work thinks he's hot ****. ever freakin day i come in there are import magazines in the drawers and it wreaks of rice . our shifts overlap by about 15 minutes so every day we argue about who's car is faster. so after a few weeks of being a huge ***** he FINALLY agrees to settle this once and for all. racing for $200, best of 3. 1/4 mile.

his: 97 mitsubishi eclipse gs
mods: big unnecessary wing, body kit, fart can, "chip" (wont specify, says it came with his car)

mine: 2001 Dakota R/T CC
mods: CAI, "custom" dual cat back cherry bombs

i got him. the only conceivable downfall for me is this:

his launch is gonna look like this
ll l l
ll l l

and mine is gonna look like this
lllllllllllllllllllll ll l ll l l l l l l
lllllllllllllllllllll ll l ll l l l l l l

i am DEFINATLY going to do a once over on his car before we race just to make sure he's not being a sneaky little bastard and has some nitrous in the trunk or something i don know about.

what do you guys think? money in the bank, right?

Last edited by rtdakota2001; 08-22-2008 at 01:55 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 08-22-2008, 02:31 AM
varsis
Record Breaker

since it is only a 4 cyl I think you will win. Just lighten your load as much as you can, my truck with 4x4 and auto, can launch just about as good as my parents mazda 3 with stick shift...

Old 08-22-2008, 03:21 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My mom has the same car.. Red Eclipse 97 its a p.o.s from hell i topped it out at 120 on the highway and it took FOREVER to get to that.. my R/T can hit 140 easy.

That car wont even leave any marks on the launch unless he nautrel drops or its a stick and does a 6k launch, also when you high rev these cars the ps belt likes to fly off so he might loose his steering so be careful if there is a turn at the end of the road/track.

I say you have this win by like 3+ Cars easy..

Ide start in 1st shift at 4500 for you no m-1 on that beast yet, 2nd shift at 5k, put in drive then turn od off at the same time and redline it till you blow past the 1/4 mark.

If it was me racing him i would give him 1 car and then run him i wouldn't even take off i would roll to 10mph and punch it and ide still smoke that pos by 3+ cars...

Old 08-22-2008, 07:41 AM
rtdakota2001
Record Breaker

i'm sensing some hostility there user. lol. both vehicles have auto trans, BTW.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:44 AM
rtdakota2001
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by User2006

Ide start in 1st shift at 4500 for you no m-1 on that beast yet, 2nd shift at 5k, put in drive then turn od off at the same time and redline it till you blow past the 1/4 mark.

good idea, i'm worried about my trans. at WOT when it kicks down into first it misses the shift back up from 1 - 2 about 50% of the time. i'm hoping to to a trans flush this saturday before we race but IDK if i'm gonna have the time.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:50 AM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

definitely think you'll get him especially since his is an auto...right before i came back to school last Saturday my buddy with his 01 1.8t jetta, which is the 150hp stock one not the 180 hp, raced a gst eclipse which is the turbo model and supposedly starts at 210 hp, he had exhaust and probably a few other mods, my friend has downpipe back exhaust, intake, and a few other minor mods but no chip and we started half a car back at both red lights, first time he caught us in 3rd but my friend let off because we were doing 80 in the city and the second light we smoked him didn't get past second tho so i def think eclipse's are pos good luck!!!

Old 08-22-2008, 11:12 AM
f0x672
Champion

you can adjust your shift points. theres a little adjuster on T/V cable that goes from the trans to the throttle body, it's up at the throttle body. when i had my trans rebuilt, this rather large dude named goumba came out and was adjusting my shift points from 4200 rpms to rev limiter. wouldnt let me out of first gear at wide open throttle, so he backed it down to 4800 rpms. it was rather entertaining watching this huge dude work on my truck. what's sad about it though is, i'm not exaggerating or making any of this up. and yeah, i second the trans flush.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:20 AM
klings designs
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i say you should video tape it and post it up!!!!!

Old 08-22-2008, 03:00 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rtdakota2001
good idea, i'm worried about my trans. at WOT when it kicks down into first it misses the shift back up from 1 - 2 about 50% of the time. i'm hoping to to a trans flush this saturday before we race but IDK if i'm gonna have the time.
When you shift from 1st to 2nd, let up off the gas like your shifting a standard and then mash it back down. I found out this works most of the time for me.

Also a tranny flush wont fix this problem.

You will need to replace the GPS, and Solenoid, along with a band adjustment, and a flush.

or just get it rebuilt and have a bigger TC put in and a TransGo shift kit.

also that p.o.s is AUTO? LOL!!!! I could see it being standard and the guy talking crap but an auto?? My truck would have been manual if they offerd it, his car was offerd it and he didnt get it and thinks his **** is a race car... this guy sounds like a 100% ricer.

Ask him how much HP his huge wing gives him?

then tell him the only way that wing really works is when he is going 120+

then ask him... does your car even go 120? In a blank stare type of way.. like a dumb dog or somthing..

THEN after you whoop his butt, ask him how it feels to get beat by a truck that weights 2 times more then his car, and laugh and walk away when he is about so say somthing back to.

Cuz it will more then likely me this "Man i wasn't even trying you have a v8, i only got a 4cyl"

i get that all the time. Yet when i look at them when i pass them there tung is sticking out and they are edged up against the steering wheel and shifting like a hardass... but there not trying... ----____---- lol...

Old 08-22-2008, 03:53 PM
rtdakota2001
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by f0x672
you can adjust your shift points. theres a little adjuster on T/V cable that goes from the trans to the throttle body, it's up at the throttle body. when i had my trans rebuilt, this rather large dude named goumba came out and was adjusting my shift points from 4200 rpms to rev limiter. wouldnt let me out of first gear at wide open throttle, so he backed it down to 4800 rpms. it was rather entertaining watching this huge dude work on my truck. what's sad about it though is, i'm not exaggerating or making any of this up. and yeah, i second the trans flush.
can i do something like this on my own? please elaborate......

Quick Reply: gonna take some reicer's money this sunday