2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

I can't believe how dumb people are

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 07:31 AM
bpark8824
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry I can't believe how dumb people are

So I figured I would do some venting after my trip from home in CT back to school in VT last night. I had the pleasure of driving back in a winter store. Basically once I got to Vermont I had to drive 30 mph the whole. The thing that really blew my mind is how many don't know how to drive in the snow. I don't mind it but the I was so nervious because everyone was slamming on there brakes and going all over the place. I guess people do not realize that there brakes are almost use less when the road is pure ice with a little snow sprinkled on top.

And then the part that drove me insane was the TAILGATING. The road is covered in snow and ice and I had people tailgating me. I was like you have GOT TO BE KIDDING. Do you not realize you can't stop in this, yet you are just as close as if it where dry. Some people were so close I almost couldn't see their head lights behind my tailgate.

One guy flew past me doing about 45-50 and I was like whoa hes an idiot. It just so happens about 20 min I drove past him while he was on his roof in the middle of the road.

It really blew my mind how many dump people are out there. But I won't go on any longer and bore you guys lol.

Old 12-01-2008, 07:47 AM
Robertwav1
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah...seems like everybody is in a hurry to get to next red light, cutting in and and out, taking all those chances and there they are...at the light. These people took the TV commercial "Getting life done" way to seriously! We all need to slow up a bit when traffic or road conditions are not the best. Good you got home safe!

Old 12-01-2008, 10:29 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

yea i know what you mean about people being retarded driving in the snow, i think im the only one of my friends that know how to do it safely, which means when it snows i have LOTS of calls to go do stuff, but the best bet is to just not go out in it unless you have to, not that hard to figure out IMO, and if you do go out take it easy and be smart(which most people arent)

Old 12-01-2008, 10:58 AM
xskylinedx
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, thats winter driving in Vermont. I always go out of my way to get away from people on the road because I can't figure out how they think tailgating me in a snowstorm is a good idea. Its like they don't realize that you need MORE of a buffer in bad weather. I turn into an a-hole though; I'll lock up my brakes and go into a small controlled skid when someone is tailgating like that. I know I know, its not a nice thing to do but its the one thing I've found I can do to get them off me.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:18 AM
cramerica
Record Breaker

People are very, very dump.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:53 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cramerica
People are very, very dump.
yep they sure are dump... lol..

aka dumb...

Old 12-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Billiam
Champion

Its almost like when people see the snow...their like, OMG what do we do!!

Old 12-01-2008, 02:33 PM
rtdakota2001
Record Breaker

i caused a traffic jam today because i couldnt get my R/T up a mild 20 foot hill over the train tracks. hahah.....fu*k my life.........

Old 12-01-2008, 02:33 PM
batman13
Grand Champion

nice, i was headed to work one day and some idiota in a bmw went around me,but his car didnt really want to return to the proper lane , instead relocated to the didtch.
i stopped, rolled my window down and as he was climbing out i yelled
"Hey, i think your car is stuck"
he gave me a finger....
"you need help getting out?"
----"yea sure if you're offering"
"try calling triple-A"

cranked the radio, took off. with a smile

Old 12-01-2008, 02:41 PM
bpark8824
Champion

I just couldn't believe the tailgating. It was like I was driving down through New York in rush hour when it was dry. I was like uhhh you do realize you can't stop on this. I didn't really wanna laugh but some people would go to stop and just lock up the brakes completely and not let off. Therefore they end up in the ditch. As soon as they would get a little loose it was like SLAM ON THE BRAKES I DON"T KNOW WHAT TO DO. Thats how they all ended up off the road.

Quick Reply: I can't believe how dumb people are