2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Got my 318 home today..

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 08:55 PM
huseman808
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by varsis
i would look at pin 31/32 on the black plug. It says ground. Which I assume is a ground for the computer, i think either pin will work. I would just check were the stock ones go. There is one on mine and it's wired in for remote start and runs to a ground wire. one hanging out in the middle of the bay if you have remote start.
So it would work if I run both wires to a ground? This is where all the other wires go but im not sure where that spot is...
3-4-200973134PM.jpg

I wanna try to run them to that "Automatic Shutdown Relay" where the rest of them go, just to avoid any problems. Thats pin number 12 on the Black plug.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:59 PM
varsis
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by huseman808
So it would work if I run both wires to a ground? This is where all the other wires go but im not sure where that spot is...

I wanna try to run them to that "Automatic Shutdown Relay" where the rest of them go, just to avoid any problems. Thats pin number 12 on the Black plug.
yea, thats on the left side of the motor. Follow the black wire from the coil thats your ground wire. It also shuts off the coil in the case of something wrong.

Thats also were they splice the remote starters.

Those diagrams are no fun lol. But I remember that wire when trying to figure out what a stray wire was for. LOL.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:17 PM
huseman808
Captain

Alright forgive me but i just wanna make sure i get this right.

There should be a darkgreen/orange wire coming out of one side of my coil. cCan I just connect the two DG/O wires that come out of the injectors to that spot, instead of digging in to the harness, since they all connect to that wire anyway?

Oh and BTW, my remote start wire is connected to the Yellow/white wire of injector number 3, right at the injector.

Thanks for the help.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:40 PM
varsis
Record Breaker

Alright forgive me but i just wanna make sure i get this right.

There should be a darkgreen/orange wire coming out of one side of my coil. cCan I just connect the two DG/O wires that come out of the injectors to that spot, instead of digging in to the harness, since they all connect to that wire anyway?

Oh and BTW, my remote start wire is connected to the Yellow/white wire of injector number 3, right at the injector.

Thanks for the help.

I would assume you can ground to the ground coming off the coil. I think the dg/org is the wire coming from the alternator? Look at the plug coming from the bottom.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:08 PM
huseman808
Captain

Originally Posted by varsis
I would assume you can ground to the ground coming off the coil. I think the dg/org is the wire coming from the alternator? Look at the plug coming from the bottom.
Yeah, if you look at my wiring up there^^^^^ the dg/o wire coming out of the ignition coil connects right to where all the dg/o wires from the injectors connect. the black/grey wire from the coil goes to the pcm.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:23 PM
varsis
Record Breaker

oh i thought you were looking for a ground wire. Must be a power wire and the others going to the pcm are grounds. as the one going to the PCM is for sure ground wire.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:48 AM
huseman808
Captain

Right...

Heres how its gonna go down.

Injector 7 will have one wire going into pin #2 of PCM(C2) and one wire spliced into the DG/O wire coming out of my ignition coil.

Injector 8 will have a wire going to pin 13 of PCM(C2) and another spliced to the same spot as injector 7 on the DG/O wire from the coil.

I believe if Im not mistaken, that should work. Somebody PLEASE correct me if im wrong somewhere. Thanks

Old 03-03-2009, 12:53 AM
varsis
Record Breaker

Right...

Heres how its gonna go down.

Injector 7 will have one wire going into pin #2 of PCM(C2) and one wire spliced into the DG/O wire coming out of my ignition coil.

Injector 8 will have a wire going to pin 13 of PCM(C2) and another spliced to the same spot as injector 7 on the DG/O wire from the coil.

I believe if Im not mistaken, that should work. Somebody PLEASE correct me if im wrong somewhere. Thanks
sounds good. The ground will be going to the pcm. The power will go to the coil. if im not mistaken. The color of the wires should match up. and the pcm usually only controls a ground.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:04 AM
huseman808
Captain

Alright, my last question is...

When plugging wires into the pcm, can i buy the prongs that will push onto the pins at a hardware or auto store? Or is that a completely different process than how i envision it to be? And would i be able to buy the clips that connect to the injectors if i went to the dealer or something like that? I wouldnt know where else to go.. My local junkyard wont give em up without buying the complete harness.

Old 03-07-2009, 12:07 PM
huseman808
Captain

Just got all my parts back from the shop and bought the engine rebuild kit. should have it all put together by next weekend.

As for the swap itself Ill have to wait till i get a paycheck again, being as this rebuild kit was 520$, to pay for the wiring harness, pcm, flywheel/driveplate, and a bunch of other small ****(fluids, thermostat, sh|t that i accidentally beak while pulling the 3.9 lol)

IMG_1427.jpg
IMG_1428.jpg
IMG_1429.jpg
Im really happy with the way the pistons turned out. (Yes they are the same ones.) They got the glass bead treatment.

Last edited by huseman808; 03-07-2009 at 12:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Got my 318 home today..