2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Cinderella period? Not so sure.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Buy a Toy, and in less than 9 years, all you will have is a pile of rusted metal.
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/off-brand-news-concepts-and-rumors/198766-toyota-excessive-rust.html

^That really looks like something you want showing up on an 07 truck.....

http://www.modernoffroader.com/bosto...ust-issue/195/
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...Off0371030.htm

Last edited by Laramie1997; 05-07-2009 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Added pictures
Old 05-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by big.bryant
lol that guy is retarded as well.

Its like: Hey i'm going to go to the ***ish Forum and have my name Hitler_Stalin...

Basically just stupid.
***ish is censored? Odd...

Old 05-07-2009, 01:23 PM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wink2873
your car may have been built in california, but the money you spent goes to japan.
Like-wise, following the same logic, with your 2001 Dakota, the money on that went to Germany. (DaimlerChrysler from 1998-2007, was based in Germany)
And, as soon as Chrysler is partnered with Fiat, will they again be considered "foreign" since Fiat is Italian?

You guys just sound ignorant saying that anything from 1998-2007 is "American."

To clear up this apparent "confusion" I have (which I don't, I can see past the false "American" crap), please provide me a clear definition of what an "American vehicle" is.

Oh, and for the rust issue addressed above on that Toyota Tundra - if that happened on a Dodge truck, ya'll would probably be saying, "Well, **** happens. You know, their not perfect."
I'm very hard on every auto maker for problems. Dodge, GM, Honda, Toyota. Doesn't matter. They've been making vehicles for a hundred years now. No excuse for early/excessive rust. No excuse for all the steering problems (*cough* Dodge trucks). No excuse for poor transmissions. (Like my friends moms Ford Escape).
Your at a job for two years and you screw up, you get in trouble. Car makers make crap after 100 years, and people some how still defend them?

Last edited by dodgerules86; 05-07-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:35 PM
CSCustomCars
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgerules86
I'm an American. I support America. I've deployed to Iraq three times. I serve in the military.
I bought a "foreign" car that was made in California. I see plenty of "foreign" cars everyday driven by "patriots" that serve their country. (I'd venture to say I see more "foreign" cars on base than I do "American.")
Not sorry to "burst the bubble" but the whole "I'm American, and GM/Ford/Dodge is made in America, and your a Commie bastard if you buy Honda/Toyota" just isn't logical.
Not What I meant, but That's been said to me many many times over the years. I personally don't care what any body buys. And I will only buy American I.e. GM, Ford, Chrysler. I don't think any different of people based on what they drive.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:57 PM
dodgerules86
Champion

Originally Posted by CSCustomCars
I don't think any different of people based on what they drive.
I do when it comes to the fugly Priuses, that are actually worse for the environment than driving a normal car.
But whatever gives those supposed environmentalists chubbys.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:04 PM
rpowell
Veteran

Can you smell the patriotic testosterone or what? I agree with allot of the points made, some of the Dodge stuff is made out of country and that sucks. I would rather my vehicle made in Germany or Italy (like some have hinted) rather than Mexico or China. I really don't even have a problem w/Japanese stuff, they all have their problems and everybody has the right to spend their $ where they want. That being said, I too, will try my best to buy American made (or at least mostly American made) products period. Truth is buying tons of crap from other countries and sending jobs there, hurts the American economy more than anything. Problem is we live in a disposable society and people would rather buy cheap crap and through it away instead of buying quality. With vehicles its a little different, guys keep spouting that Honda, Toyota, etc is so much better quality. You know what it may even be true, but look at the sticker prices. You can buy a Dodge allot cheaper, pay to keep it up (I know parts are little high, I'm not stupid) and end up paying the same price in the long run as the Toyo, but you have supported an American company the whole time. The only way the USA builders are going to be able to improve, is if we buy the stuff and stop giving our money to other countries (and not just with cars- with everything). The reason the manufacturers are heading out of country is because the labor is cheap and the import taxes are less than building them here. It's all about the money people. IMO the USA should give American manuf. lower taxes here in the USA and on the export side, then we should tax the crap out of the imports like all the other countries do to us.
Holy cr@p this thread has turned into a political thread
We all need to stop wearing our hearts on our sleeves and just agree to disagree sometimes, there's enough strife in the world w/o dealing with in it here too.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:45 PM
wink2873
Record Breaker

Like-wise, following the same logic, with your 2001 Dakota, the money on that went to Germany. (DaimlerChrysler from 1998-2007, was based in Germany)
And, as soon as Chrysler is partnered with Fiat, will they again be considered "foreign" since Fiat is Italian?

You guys just sound ignorant saying that anything from 1998-2007 is "American."

To clear up this apparent "confusion" I have (which I don't, I can see past the false "American" crap), please provide me a clear definition of what an "American vehicle" is.

Oh, and for the rust issue addressed above on that Toyota Tundra - if that happened on a Dodge truck, ya'll would probably be saying, "Well, **** happens. You know, their not perfect."
I'm very hard on every auto maker for problems. Dodge, GM, Honda, Toyota. Doesn't matter. They've been making vehicles for a hundred years now. No excuse for early/excessive rust. No excuse for all the steering problems (*cough* Dodge trucks). No excuse for poor transmissions. (Like my friends moms Ford Escape).
Your at a job for two years and you screw up, you get in trouble. Car makers make crap after 100 years, and people some how still defend them?

are you fu*ck*ing serious? look at your screen name for god's sake. and when you buy a japanese car ALL of the money goes to japan, at least in chrysler's case, daimler only owned like 51% of it, so they got half the money. you're just mad because fixing your transmission is too hard of a job for you to do, so you got pissed off and quit and now you're bashing chrysler. who are you gonna bitch to when your stupid toyota craps out on you?

Old 05-07-2009, 07:27 PM
95_318SLT
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've said my point of view, so I'm not going to get in the middle of this fight. I just want to point out that Chrysler IS partenered with Fiat now. The deal they made only gives Fiat 20% of the Chrysler, and Fiat is not going to mess with the Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep linesups. From what I understand, the deal was made to give Fiat a window of opportunity to sell their line of cars in the US under Chrysler tags since they have no significant presence here. So, the money for the Fiats that are sold here will go to Italy, but Chrysler will be left practically untouched. So no, this does not make Chrysler "foreign" in any way.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:16 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Fun Fun Fun! Only a matter of time till this one is closed to.. lets see how fast it comes! Muahah.

When i bought my truck, the money went to a Mexican dude at a shady dealership in Dallas Fort Worth, so i kept the money in the USA, but he probably sent 80% of that money back to his wife in Mexico to send over 5 of his cousins..

Old 05-08-2009, 01:56 AM
dodgerules86
Champion

Originally Posted by wink2873
you're just mad because fixing your transmission is too hard of a job for you to do, so you got pissed off and quit and now you're bashing chrysler. who are you gonna bitch to when your stupid toyota craps out on you?
Actually, the transmission change was done a year ago. I am currently working on the front end, and the progress has been very slow because when I turn wrenches at work for 8-12 hours, working on the truck isn't high on my list.

I'm not bashing Dodge because of any particular project I've done. When you come to the forums and you see discussion after discussion across Generation lines about the same problems, it becomes quite obvious a company isn't making their product correctly.
I don't seem to have the "brand filter" you have. I see a problem, and it's a problem regardless of it's a Toyota or a Dodge, or Chevy. You see something, and if it's a Toyota it's a problem, if it's a Dodge, it's ok.

You don't have to remind me what my screen-name is, I'm the one that has to type it in to log on.

Quick Reply: Cinderella period? Not so sure.