2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

All future mods are put on hold.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 04:07 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Angry All future mods are put on hold.

My mom's job cut her hours to 25 a week, instead of 40, and also told her in 2 months she "COULD" loose her job or position.

So the nest 2 months im going to be saving money, and helping out with the bills and food around the house.

Meaning all my EXTRA mod money is going to the electric bill, water bill, and groceries for the family.

Sucks, i have 2 things i need to install right now, my billet Fuel Rails, and my MOMO Steering wheel but i need about 200$ in hose/parts to install them, and now i cant get them.

My last mod i just installed Friday was a Bedrug... and damn is it nice. I got it for only 175$ shipped, and they usually go for about 400-500$ New, and this one is in perfect condition, and it was easy to install..took about 30min. Ill get pics tomorrow it really makes the bed look ALOT nicer.

But everything else i had planned, as in Heads, Cam, SCT and "White out" has to be put on hold...

Grrr.. i hate this enconomy crap, my job is also cutting our hours but im only loosing 5 hours a week, not almost half like my mom.

Next few months or years are going to suck major cockadoodooldoo

Old 05-10-2009, 04:31 AM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea, the current situation sucks.
The bright side of things is that at least you and her still *have* your jobs.
Hopefully things will improve fast so everyone can get back on track.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:03 AM
Czechman
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Son, in the grand scheme of life these things really aren't important. Yea, it sucks when you can't do the things you'd like but your family is MUCH more important than anything else. Be happy you have your mom and that you can step up and help her... look at all she's done for you.

Temporary glitches in the economy will come and go, but the love of your family is eternal. Nurture the important, adversity builds character.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:53 AM
caddy owner

It sounds like you have your priorities right. Most truck mods should come after food and utilities.

My daughter, husband, and 4 children moved into our two upstairs bedrooms a couple weeks ago. They moved out of state in January on the promise of new jobs, but the jobs evaporated. At least we all get along and grandma is happy to have the grandkids around. Plus, my SIL is a mechanic. We diagnosed a suspension rattle on my Allante that my regular mechanic couldn't trace down in the past year.

The only down side is finding a place to park six vehicles. Plus, the right side of the driveway looks like a Dodge dealership:

- My Dakota
- Daughter's Caravan
- SIL's Intrepid.

Old 05-10-2009, 03:54 PM
wink2873
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know it sucks man. this is why ive only been able to do like 4 mods to my truck in the last 6 years. i could never afford it. at least you've got your priorities right. family comes first. and your truck is already fast.... look at what im stuck with.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:26 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by wink2873
i know it sucks man. this is why ive only been able to do like 4 mods to my truck in the last 6 years. i could never afford it. at least you've got your priorities right. family comes first. and your truck is already fast.... look at what im stuck with.
lol... but its not fast enough! haha... yeah hopefully things get better soon.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:29 PM
dodgerules86
Champion

Originally Posted by User
lol... but its not fast enough! haha...
Is it ever fast enough?
If you answer "yes," your wrong

Old 05-10-2009, 09:31 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

times are tough everywhere, even though i make $140,000 yr. i also put my 6.1 hemi build on hold for now. i cant take a chance. over paid under worked upper management are the first to go. and flipping burgers at mcdonalds, aint my cup off tee

Old 05-10-2009, 09:39 PM
dodgerules86
Champion

Originally Posted by superdak05
times are tough everywhere, even though i make $140,000 yr. i also put my 6.1 hemi build on hold for now. i cant take a chance. over paid under worked upper management are the first to go. and flipping burgers at mcdonalds, aint my cup off tee
Under-paid and over-worked people ain't doing too better, either.
Why I'm happy I'm sucking off the governments tit. Well, being military, it's more like begging...

Old 05-11-2009, 12:55 AM
big.bryant
Champion

Yeah man, I got an internship this summer running a business and you wouldn't believe all the people i've talked to that have lost some if not all of their income in the last six months. It'll turn around, economists (aka dumbasses) are predicting that things will turn around 3rd quarter of this year but i'm not going to hold my breath.

Sorry to hear about you not being able to do the mods, but at least you have your head on right and are helping out your family.

Quick Reply: All future mods are put on hold.