2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Does anyone have experience with this cold air intake?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 04:36 AM
Loud Pedal
The Total Package
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ill sell you my hitch!!

150...and well see about shipping

Old 07-03-2009, 04:20 PM
CSCustomCars
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

But I can get a brand new Reese Class III/IV for $125, and it's not a universal one.

Besides, Don't have the extra cash for one and the one I have now still works just fine, the drop ball is just rusted in it.

Thanks for the offer though.

Old 07-03-2009, 04:31 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CSCustomCars
But I can get a brand new Reese Class III/IV for $125, and it's not a universal one.

Besides, Don't have the extra cash for one and the one I have now still works just fine, the drop ball is just rusted in it.

Thanks for the offer though.

Tractor supply has couple of reese hitches 1 was 134.00 I think that was the IV class. I really hope it will work with my duals I had to loose my spare tho for it to work.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:06 PM
CSCustomCars
All Star

Just chuck the spare the bed. Or even better, build a spare tire rack or something. That's what I'd do.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:51 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by CSCustomCars
Just chuck the spare the bed. Or even better, build a spare tire rack or something. That's what I'd do.
Well the spare is in my garage and has been since I put my duals on. I would put it in my bed but I haul a lot(wood, dirt ,rock ,coal and atv) and tend to use every inch of my bed. My bro in law had his in his bed and it got stollen it wouldnt be too bad if I didnt have a brand new never used spare with a 31in bfg a/t on it. I saw a dak with a swing out mount on the bumper but that wouldnt look right on a stock dak maybe one with a lift and beefed up. If I have to I just say screw it and only put it in if im going on a long trip.

Old 07-04-2009, 01:20 AM
CSCustomCars
All Star

Yeah I was thinking the swing out tire thing too, but your right it would look a little odd without a lift and huge tires. What about getting a headache rack and building the spare holder with a pad lock on it. That way its out of the bed, so you still have the bed space, but it's on your truck. Just an idea.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:15 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion

Dont really care for the headache rack. Well really I could put it back but the only thing would be I would have to do some sort of heat shield and it would be below the exhaust which is not that much lower than what it norm is. Ill have to measure the exhaust temps and see if I can do anything I could prob also do heat wrap around the pipe by the spare that way it would cut down on the heat by the spare. Which my truck has only saw 60mi one way in the year I have had it(damn just thought I have had this truck for almost year, that went by fast) So even if I did get a flat its not like I would be that far from home. I got other things to do before I start messing with the spare(thats a garage winter project). Of coarse wont have much garage room this winter since I some how got tricked into getting the small one under our house. idk how this stuff happens I swear my parents ask me things when im sleeping cause they know I wont remember talking about it.

Last edited by dodgeramguy85; 07-04-2009 at 02:25 AM.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:29 PM
CSCustomCars
All Star

Wow, that is a tiny garage!

I gotcha about the spare. I thought the headache rack was a good idea, and I kinda like it. I may do it later on if I ever lift her.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:06 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion

I dont care right now since its summer time but at least its a heated garage for winter time. Our so called 4 car garage now only holds 3. We cleaned it out last year everything was out execpt the work bench and our 60 gal compressor and we had 7 cars in there just to see how many would fit. I would much rather work on my truck in there since its huge compared to the one under our house.

IMG_6507-1.jpg

Old 07-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Jdb107
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chrome Intakes has 2 different types of models:

and

The first one gets rid of the whole stock air intake, including the original box, and the second one lines it up so the air filter sits inside of the air filter box.

Would it be better to choose the first one, long tube, farther away from the engine; or the second where the air filter box acts as a half-*** heat shield?

I'm going to order one of these tonight, so opinions are appreciated

Last edited by Jdb107; 07-05-2009 at 03:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Does anyone have experience with this cold air intake?