2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

what is the most annoying thing about ur truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 12:14 AM
Independentfool
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

most annoying: its not a V8 5-speed....

Old 04-16-2010, 08:07 AM
wewanaplay
Veteran

try greasing one joint at a time till you figure out which one is making the noise. Its hard to tell which one is bad when you treat all of them at once. Being as how it only happens when both wheels hit said bump I would look towards the sway (anti-roll) bar bushings

Old 04-16-2010, 10:45 AM
alleymad99SLT
Professional

Originally Posted by KatyA
I hate the fact that theres surface rust on the edges of the fenders by the headlights that makes orange rust stains down my bumper. On a white truck XP. I clean them and they're back in a week.
+1. I posted this as my thing I hate too.

Good news is that if you let it go long enough (like an entire Michigan winter), the surface rust will disappear. Or, should I say, the metal will disappear.

I now have a nice little hole in my fender, right above my chrome bumper. No more orange streaks though

Old 04-16-2010, 10:46 AM
tiger8522
Amateur
Talking

Originally Posted by 2002dakotakid
i hate this annoying squeak in my front suspension that happens when i hit a big bump or come out or a parking garage or go over a speed bump and what sucks is i happens only when both wheels hit it the same time sad part is i've covered every joint i can think of in white lithium grease from autozone cause thats what the guy behind the counter said would fix it but it only quieted it for a week then it was back good thing is that same grease got my door to stop squeaking but still the suspension squeaks over every little bump now ... any ideas
I have the same annoying squeak in my front suspension as well and have never been able to figure it out, but I have found a fix for the noise I just turn the stereo up loud enough so I can’t hear it and this seems to fix the problem.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:00 AM
2002dakotakid
Rookie

hey tiger i like your idea just crank the tunes and wewannaplay i didn't even think of the sway bars your prob right ill check those as soon as i find time this weekend prob going to grease one at a time and drive around and hit stuff to see which one it is and possible change it or look at changing it soon thanks for the help

Old 04-16-2010, 12:57 PM
MadisonDakota
All Star

Originally Posted by QuadCabDak
The MOST ANNOYING thing about my truck is that the front left window broke and falls down. I took the panel off and found out that one little tiny clip has broken which has cause the wire to loose all tension.
You're going to need to get a whole regulator. I think you can buy one without the motor, but it's not really worth it.

I got mine for about 50 bucks on eBay.

Old 04-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 2002dakotakid
hey tiger i like your idea just crank the tunes and wewannaplay i didn't even think of the sway bars your prob right ill check those as soon as i find time this weekend prob going to grease one at a time and drive around and hit stuff to see which one it is and possible change it or look at changing it soon thanks for the help
i got the same problem i know its my bushings, it only does it on mine if its cold, or if there is dew in them, u can just have someone push up and down on the front end while ur under to see if thats it, thats what i did, i need to replace them with greasable bushings

Old 04-18-2010, 03:19 AM
rpowell
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my truck, quirks and all. I am annoyed that I don't have more money to put into my truck though. Don't know if that counts

Old 04-18-2010, 09:06 AM
McNasy
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my sway bushings do the same thing, espesially when its cold and dry, it goes away when it rains or humid out. wd40 lasts a little while, but i have learned to turn up the tunes or listen to the sweet sound of open exhaust.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:31 AM
wewanaplay
Veteran

Try an actual bushing grease, something non petroleum based so it doesn't kill the rubber. Wd-40 is a verry poor lubricant it evaporates way too quickly. it was designed as a water displacer and is really a better cleaner than anything else.

Quick Reply: what is the most annoying thing about ur truck