2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Needs the Lift kit Guro's.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 02:23 AM
fourpointseven
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needs the Lift kit Guro's.

Okay, I know Aftermarket dont make lift kits for 03/04 dakotas But i've been reading. I've read I can take a Lift kit from an 02 and change the front break parts on my 04 to an 02 then the lift kit will work. all about the break caliper and the sterring knuckle. Which is great, i'll go about doing it But i can't seem to find a 02 Lift kit.

All i can find is a 5.5" lift (what i want) but for a 98-99 dakota.. I'm really interested in lifting my truck up 5.5"... there's got to be some sort of way to do so! i want to run 37's!!!!!

Can anyone point me in the right direction to putting my truck in the air?!... Next time i will read about what trucks i can lift before buying them....

03/04 dakota

Old 05-07-2010, 07:41 AM
URBANRDNECK
Veteran
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I am in the exact boat as you. I have an 04 and its annoying as heck to try to find after market parts for it. What I started doing is putting on torsion keys & Blocks. Then adding a body lift to get over that 5.5inch lift mark. And I am very unsure if the Dakota's axles can handle 37's... even though that the size i'm aiming for. haha

Old 05-07-2010, 01:55 PM
fourpointseven
Professional

Yeah i have the same setup as you do.. I have a 3"BL with a set of Torsion keys and blocks aswell.. the only way to get a bit of height, Which is extremly lame! Would Love to install a nice 6" lift kit and add a set of 37x13.50x15.

Back to my question, can anyone point us in the right direction as to lifting the 03/04 dakotas?!... very frustrating..

Old 05-07-2010, 02:16 PM
NyghtProwler
Rookie

Over a year ago it was rumored that tuffcountry was looking into making a 5.5" lift......just checked their website and still nothing.......maybe a few emails to them will help the process out?

Old 05-07-2010, 02:29 PM
fourpointseven
Professional

I emailed them, im trying everything here

Old 05-07-2010, 03:06 PM
TylerH860

All this dramatic lift is going to accomplish while your on regular roads 99% of the time is worse gas mileage, worse performance, premature wear, much noisier/rougher ride, longer stopping distance, much greater chance of rolling, and a greater chance of hurting whoever you hit in an accident.

The stock sport suspensions with a little tweaking (blocks, torsions bars, etc) can accomplish more than enough clearance to have a great offroad tire that can handle the majority of fun-time situations. Any larger liff, tire, etc. unless this is a dedicated off road vehicle, is not only silly but a serious safety hazard.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:22 PM
zanethan
Veteran

Originally Posted by TylerH860
All this dramatic lift is going to accomplish while your on regular roads 99% of the time is worse gas mileage, worse performance, premature wear, much noisier/rougher ride, longer stopping distance, much greater chance of rolling, and a greater chance of hurting whoever you hit in an accident.

The stock sport suspensions with a little tweaking (blocks, torsions bars, etc) can accomplish more than enough clearance to have a great offroad tire that can handle the majority of fun-time situations. Any larger liff, tire, etc. unless this is a dedicated off road vehicle, is not only silly but a serious safety hazard.
Yup what he said, but to each his own I suppose. I have a simple 2" lift via Tb crank and blocks on 31" AT's and I dare say that I has been through hell and back and just keeps asking for more.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:31 PM
tiger8522
Amateur

I have about 5 inches of lift on my truck with nothing more than adding a leaf spring in the rear, turning the tb’s in the front and adding a 3 inch body lift. I currently have 33” on the truck but could have gone with a 34’ or 35 with no problem.
If I modify the bumper and cut out a small section of the inner fender well I could easily put on 36’ tires. With the lift and tires that I currently have on my truck I have no rubbing and have lost very little for my turning at higher speeds or the ride of the truck.
I can’t say what bigger tires will do to the handling of the truck but so far I am surprised that I lost only a small amount of handling with the lifting and larger tires that I have.

Quick Reply: Needs the Lift kit Guro's.