2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

A winch or a lift?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 02:20 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well from what I have read this winch is good and out of the 70 different reviews I've read maybe 10 of them are not so good and they are just the guys that are using it to pull a dump truck ok not really but they are burning them up. My buddy just got a work in progress jeep and he has a mile marker pe8 on his and there is not a whole lot of good reviews for that winch but so far this winch has pulled id say over 30 different vehicles and unstuck itself prob about 20-30 different times and this winch will not give up plus I know about 5 different people that have mile marker winches and they use them almost every weekend in the summer.

Here is my buddys jeep with that pe8 winch. It has taking a beating and still works like brand new.
0514101831.jpg

Old 05-20-2010, 03:04 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Thats a sweet Jeep!
Does yours have a bumper? By the 2nd pic it looked like it didn't.

If you do the hitch, you may be able to buy a direct fit. Or you may have to do a custom install. If you do custom then you can mount it where ever or how ever high you want it.

I have the hitch with a winch mount receiver.
I custom installed my hitch. I found an 80's Chevy van that had the dimensions I wanted paid $30. I made a post on it, it may help you. Also my winch post.

Hitch: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...ont-hitch.html
Winch: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...lbs-winch.html

Also this post is off topic. I'll let this one go this time, but as long no more are posted up out of topic.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:29 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks man your last post really helped out I wanted to find a winch mount like you have and I knew I could make one I just needed to get a look at one and since harbor freight is just 10 miles down the road looks like ill be stopping to pick one up but I want to make my own thats a little more HD. I also have something up my sleeve for the bumper mount but Im no where near my jeep now(im in wv) to see if it will actually work. I hope it will cause it would be a sweet fab up. Ill be sure to post some pics up when I get started this week. BTW guy actually called me this morning and told me he just shipped the winch out so should be here by next weekend

Old 05-21-2010, 02:39 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Sure No Problem.

Quick Reply: A winch or a lift?