2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Front end squeeking driving me insane

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 02:52 PM
codyyy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine seems to only squeak when turning although it seems to groan a bit when I hit a bump or even when I enter or exit the vehicle. I am thinking front shocks need replacing but I have a feeling it is more complicated than that.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Blueberry bob

Squeak coming from the rubber to sheet steel rub after the metal to metal bushings went dry. We just need the bushings not the whole 600 a side ball joint assembly. Anybody know how to get this done, or are we stuck because its molded then stamped and crimped in place.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:46 PM
BCdakotaboy
Professional

Damm squeaks! Nothing drives me battier! My front end started to squeak after the lift kit. white lithium grease works the best and lasts a long time. Time to change over to polyurethane bushings, course there an arm and a leg up here in the great white north. Time for a trip across the line and spend some cash in the u.s.of a. Free trade my ***....

Old 03-17-2013, 03:43 AM
samzzz

My dodge durango is squeeling bad in the front end, especially when I turn the wheel. I have replaced inner and outer sway bar bushings, nothing still extremely load. Everybody hears me coming around a turn. Any suggestions because I'm getting so tired of this squeeking and I have hit every bushing with wd40 and white lithium grease.

Thanks

Old 03-17-2013, 11:09 PM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

This is a Dakota forum but no big deal same parts everything

what year 4x4 ?

By the way everyone thinks the control arm bushings should move around like a sleeve but they are actually not supposed too they mount solid the movement is all in the rubber bushing

Old 03-18-2013, 10:13 AM
samzzz
Default Thanks dodge is a 2000

Originally Posted by samzzz
My dodge durango is squeeling bad in the front end, especially when I turn the wheel. I have replaced inner and outer sway bar bushings, nothing still extremely load. Everybody hears me coming around a turn. Any suggestions because I'm getting so tired of this squeeking and I have hit every bushing with wd40 and white lithium grease.

Thanks
Dodge is a 2000

Old 03-18-2013, 05:10 PM
Blueberry bob

Last summer my front end squeeked so bad you could hear me coming for a 1/4 mile. I did the bad with WD rotty. My truck expert told me silicone grease only. I had firestone do it for me during an inspection for free. It did not work at first but then the change of temperature here in upstate NY winters is typically below 32 and squeak is gone. But my regularly overheating engine may have had something to do with it. At 186K I need one whole motor.

Quick Reply: Front end squeeking driving me insane