2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

having problems, startin to get angry

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 03:02 PM
bigreed91
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default having problems, startin to get angry

so i got my 98 dakota rt back in october from a used car lot with 95,000 miles on it. within the first week i had to replace the battery. Then i guess they just had water in it so it froze and one of the hoses above the water pump busted so i took it to the dealership and had them fix it. i had to pay full price cause they said i only had a 30 day warranty. so ive had issues with what ive thought was a bad fuel check valve cause id have to turn it over a few times before itd start. then today i go out and it wont start unless my foots on the gas and as soon as i let off it dies. checked my paper work and found out i have a 12 month warranty so i called them and cussed em a lil bit, they said they'll have to call me back on monday. all i can say is i better get reinbursed for the last fix and get the new fix done free even if it is only a limited warranty. and idk what it could be this time either.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:29 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Could be many problems, vacumm line broken, sensors going out. 95K is right about the time everything likes to take a **** on you. One thing after another. On my 2nd dak, I just went all out and replaced all the lines, hoses, water pump, seals, sensors, suspension, ect when I got it. I'm at work and can't type out everything I need to say, but it could be many things causing it not to start, but I would take it back to the dealership and have them deal with it. I spent about 3K just replacing all the **** I listed.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:41 PM
bigreed91
Veteran

well i just went and checked all the vaccum lines which all looked good. then i remembered some cars wont run if the oil is to low. so i checked the oil in it and none is reading? a week ago it was full of oil, it hasnt smoked and i dont see any leaks and when i drove home today it ran fine and oil pressure was in the normal. now im really confused cause oil doesnt just dissapear. also my check engine light is on when i turn the key on. but i dont wana try putting any oil or anything in it cause im worried the dealership would try to pull a fast one then sayin i tampered with it. normally i do my own work but im in the navy and in virginia and dont have the place or time to work on it myself

Old 01-08-2011, 05:44 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It has a warranty. So **** it let the dealership deal with it. So if it messes up even more just blame it on them. Take advantage of the warranty that they gave you. It might take 12months for them to figure out the problem but atleast u will have new parts and not a dime out of your pocket.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:18 PM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. You have a bad battery - replace.

2. You have a blown belly pan gasket on the bottom of the intake manifold - replace.

3. You need to put some oil in it or you'll be replacing the engine.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:47 PM
bigreed91
Veteran

The battery is good on it, im just gonna let the dealership take care of it. I only got limited waranty so ill have to pay for half of it but im gonna try and get out of payin anything

Old 01-08-2011, 10:30 PM
cycodude
Professional
Location: Live: Silverdale, WA; Work: WA, CA, VA, GA, FL; From: WV

You're in the Navy. If they don't give you satisfaction, take the warranty to NLSO. They love to deal with this type of stuff. I'm retired Navy, believe me they helped me more than once...

Old 01-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Josh Abels
Record Breaker

wow sad to here for u man.
u in hampton roads area? what dealer did u buy it at?

Old 01-08-2011, 11:27 PM
bigreed91
Veteran

yea im in norfolk and i got it from heritage motor company

Old 01-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Pete M
Rookie

take a lawyer with you when you go back to the dealership.

Quick Reply: having problems, startin to get angry