2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Where do you keep your truck?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011 | 10:29 PM
dirtbiker
|
Captain
Default Where do you keep your truck?

I don't know how to create a poll, but I was just wondering where all of you keep your trucks at night, or whenever you aren't using it (outside, in a garage, etc...). Also include what kind of weather is by where you live (warm all year, snow in winter, and so on...). I keep mine in my driveway year round. My garage has dirtbikes and a snowmobile and a tractor in it plus a workshop that takes up a third of the 3 car. It's Illinois so it snows in the winter, and all 4 seasons are different. Just wanted to see if I'm the only one who leaves her out all the time.

Old 01-09-2011 | 10:31 PM
Rakaric
Record Breaker

Mine is pretty much outside 24/7...in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. It gets a break once in a while in the summer time =P Depends on how clean the garage is kept!

Old 01-09-2011 | 10:34 PM
thunder98110
Champion

outside all year. hot summers and cold, cold, winters in kansas.

Old 01-09-2011 | 10:39 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion

It really depends lol I have the option to keep it in a garage but since parents get first pick they get the nice big garage while I get the other one thats filled with crap hmmm I guess its all my crap 2 jeeps and atv so cant blame anyone on this one lol Really I dont mind leaving my truck out so its all good. I live in the mountains of pa currently have 4 inch of snow and 18 out.

Old 01-09-2011 | 10:42 PM
dirtbiker
|
Captain

Originally Posted by Rakaric
Mine is pretty much outside 24/7...in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. It gets a break once in a while in the summer time =P Depends on how clean the garage is kept!
I'm in , I will watch for your truck when I'm on the highway. I'll have to post up pics of mine, it has alot of decals haha. And if I had yours, I'd make room in the garage lol.

Originally Posted by thunder98110
outside all year. hot summers and cold, cold, winters in kansas.
Well if you live in kansas and its like I imagine it then you have a lot of fields to drive around in and alot of open roads. But i'm sure thats not at all what its like. Are there tornadoes by you?

Last edited by dirtbiker; 05-26-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-09-2011 | 11:07 PM
Rakaric
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dirtbiker
I'm in Lake County, I will watch for your truck when I'm on the highway and hit my siren. I'll have to post up pics of mine, it has alot of decals haha. And if I had yours, I'd make room in the garage lol.
Oh, sweet! haha. Yea I'm in Cook County...how's not having our taxes? lol. I'll keep an eye out if I know how your truck looks like! =P

Old 01-09-2011 | 11:12 PM
dirtbiker
|
Captain

Originally Posted by dodgeramguy85
It really depends lol I have the option to keep it in a garage but since parents get first pick they get the nice big garage while I get the other one thats filled with crap hmmm I guess its all my crap 2 jeeps and atv so cant blame anyone on this one lol Really I dont mind leaving my truck out so its all good. I live in the mountains of pa currently have 4 inch of snow and 18 out.
Well even if my garage was empty I still don't think mine would fit, unless I parked it all sideways and stuff. The garage goes like 16 feet back or so then goes up about 6 inches and continues like 3 feet. We have like shelves and a freezer and a massive air compressor so i couldnt just back in and let it hang over. And nice on the 2 jeeps are those your mud trucks or what?

Originally Posted by Rakaric
Oh, sweet! haha. Yea I'm in Cook County...how's not having our taxes? lol. I'll keep an eye out if I know how your truck looks like! =P
It's nice but whenever I go down there everything is more expensive then i think "oh yeah cook county" haha. And alright, I'll have to post up some pictures this week. I just put the new grille on today, now I just have the bumper and support left. But I have some old pics I can put up eventually

Last edited by dirtbiker; 01-09-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Old 01-10-2011 | 12:14 AM
cowboy63645
Veteran

My truck stays outside 24/7, unless I am working on it, then it gets put in the shop. I am in Missouri, so every season is different. I miss Kansas though, the open fields were nice for hunting, but you drive into a field, and expect to get shot, those fields are money makers!!

Old 01-10-2011 | 12:46 AM
thunder98110
Champion

Well if you live in kansas and its like I imagine it then you have a lot of fields to drive around in and alot of open roads. But i'm sure thats not at all what its like. Are there tornadoes by you?
thats what its exactly like. and yes on tornadoes. google greensberg ks. not near me but close enough.

Old 01-10-2011 | 12:55 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion

And nice on the 2 jeeps are those your mud trucks or what?

Well I have my 95 grand cherokee woods beater. I couldnt let it get sold we bought it new in 95 with 11 miles on it today it has 216,000 miles on it. original 4.0 l6 motor never been rebuilt the furthest its been tore down was to do valve cover gasket. It should of had a lift on by now but they sent me the wrong dam one so its still not on, here is a pic of it all stock(soild axles ftw!!) I was driving it last night on the snow covered roads and you could never tell it has 200k still has great power.

IMG_0357.jpg

Jeepfixedup.jpg

My other is a 78 cj5 304 v8 3 speed currently my resto project my step dad has been helpin out a bit with it since its a money pit lol only thing left original on it is engine,axles,gas tank,steering box,grille and dash. Im going to hopefully repaint it again before spring if I can get time to at school.

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

Quick Reply: Where do you keep your truck?