2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Programmers- Looking for feed back from actual users

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 07:23 PM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Programmers- Looking for feed back from actual users

Hey guys; yes another programmer question.. Deal on the bronco fell through.. guy wanted too much money after a little back and forth so for now I'm going to continue on project Kota.

I bought a Ecomax the other month but it was vin locked and returned it.. well before i drop 300 bucks + on a Tuner; rather one of those or Hemifever flavor.. I wanted to get some feed back on the value of dropping that kind of money..

Was hoping anyone had some dyno tests before and after results they could share with your fellow Dak owners.

Just really hoping to see some real world results.. 300 bucks for just a few ponies seems a bit excessive and was just wondering what everyone had..

Launch times; HP/TQ before after; 0-60 before/after and so forth.. what ever you got to share to give us an idea

Old 11-03-2014, 07:52 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 153 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by jondakotaguy
Hey guys; yes another programmer question.. Deal on the bronco fell through.. guy wanted too much money after a little back and forth so for now I'm going to continue on project Kota.

I bought a Ecomax the other month but it was vin locked and returned it.. well before i drop 300 bucks + on a Tuner; rather one of those or Hemifever flavor.. I wanted to get some feed back on the value of dropping that kind of money..

Was hoping anyone had some dyno tests before and after results they could share with your fellow Dak owners.

Just really hoping to see some real world results.. 300 bucks for just a few ponies seems a bit excessive and was just wondering what everyone had..

Launch times; HP/TQ before after; 0-60 before/after and so forth.. what ever you got to share to give us an idea
ask hemifever. He has dynosheets galore.

Old 11-03-2014, 08:27 PM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker

Sure.. I will do that but i also want to hear from actual users though too.. something i see out on google search not alot of.. lots of 'dyno's' by the ppl making the products but not much from anyone actually using them..

Old 11-03-2014, 08:59 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 153 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by jondakotaguy
Sure.. I will do that but i also want to hear from actual users though too.. something i see out on google search not alot of.. lots of 'dyno's' by the ppl making the products but not much from anyone actually using them..
Sean collects the graphs from his customers. very few are actually his.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:20 AM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker

I know those are the talk of the town but there is also super chips and Hypertec.. I've seen hypertec on a GM and really woke it up alot too... so much it actually won against the dak.. compared to before.

Also to that.. $299 vs Our Price: $395.00 thats a huge difference unless he can come down off that price for a simple tune. LOL Kinda why i was looking for others as well than just HF's.. little pricy for my blood.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:23 AM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker

Ill talk to him and see if he can work something out or not.

Old 11-04-2014, 02:26 PM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker

Well i just read this epic long debate between some guys talking about HT and SC's, also between the 5.2, 5.8 and 4.7 most were claiming the SC was better for 91 tune and HT was better for the 87 tune.

Looking at my year though looks like I'm forced either between HT for about $299 + free shipping or 400 bucks for an HF? Looks like cost wise the HT is the cheaper route which I like.

Old 11-05-2014, 12:08 PM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker

Got a response back from HF,

"SCT is $395 and that price is fixed. The preloaded tunes would fit your configuration. The premium fuel tunes are where the power is. my 87 octane is smoother than stock, but it's not a power maker"

Old 11-06-2014, 11:05 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Id email hemi fever but I still have my vin locked programmer that I had for my 98. Not sure what he charges to reprogram them but could prob save you 100 bucks. I loved my sct, just the wot shift from 4,800 to 5,200 was a big difference. My truck was pretty quick for having 32's and a half dead 44re coarse adding a programmer prob didnt help it either lol

Old 11-07-2014, 09:51 AM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker

When i adjusted the TV cable i seen a big differnce at WOT. actually had reduce it down a bit cus i thought it felt like it was going to rip something apart as it shifted lol..

I've been talking to him through Facebook.. I'm waiting to see the HP and Torque on my truck if he has anything i didnt see one for my years with 5.2L (unless im blind)

Hypertec claims +5 and 30 torque on both the 87 and 91 tunes. 299 vs 400 is a big differnce if they both are about the same increase.. If i could go super chips for my year i would do that over both but right now im leaning torwards HT tuner unless HF's is actually more and worth the extra 100 bucks.

Quick Reply: Programmers- Looking for feed back from actual users