2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

02 Dakota 4.7 misfire chase PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 09:10 PM
Addison Funtimes
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Think I would look at the power feed for the injectors/coils. if it is even slightly marginal, it'll give ya headaches.
that's pretty much what is playing in my head because I build motorcycles and they are super simple when it comes to a dead cylinder 90% of the time it's a bad connector on an ignition switch or a broke wire.
Problem is that's a big haystack to find a needle in..lol...I would hope someone had an idea of where some trouble spots could be in the harness

Old 03-14-2019, 10:40 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,176 Likes on 2,929 Posts

Originally Posted by Addison Funtimes
that's pretty much what is playing in my head because I build motorcycles and they are super simple when it comes to a dead cylinder 90% of the time it's a bad connector on an ignition switch or a broke wire.
Problem is that's a big haystack to find a needle in..lol...I would hope someone had an idea of where some trouble spots could be in the harness
If you don't have a factory service manual for your truck yet, get one. Scope out the wiring diagrams, and see where the splices in the power feeds are. Those are going to be the likeliest spots for issues to develop.

Quick Reply: 02 Dakota 4.7 misfire chase PLEASE HELP!!!!!!