2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

No bus!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 03:03 PM
Mike Wayne
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default No bus!!

Ok so i have read almost all threads on this issue and been troubleshooting problems. My truck is a 02 4.7 qc 4x4 auto. I am showin the no bus code but no other codes, the truck has been running perfect for 2000 mi since i got it. Its got around 163k on it and its been dying on me and as long as i leave it set over night it starts and drives but only for about 10 min. It is only showing the no bus code nothing else.

Old 08-24-2019, 04:45 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 153 Likes on 140 Posts

So it only errors out after about 10 minutes of driving? Does the engine die when this occurs?

If so, this tells me it is due to heat.

There is a screw you can remove that relieves some stress pressure on the PCM circuit board.

Once it dies, you can also have a friend toggle the key while you check for 5 volts at a throttle body sensor.

Old 08-24-2019, 10:21 PM
Mike Wayne

Yea it dies out and takes awhile to start again. The last time i checked no other codes were showing but when i turn the key on the check engine light is on but goes away once i start it

Old 08-24-2019, 10:57 PM
Mike Wayne

What screw on the pcm are you talking about? I am leaning on a new pcm but before i get one i just wanted to see if its something else. As far as doin the whole ignition set up and battery deal i can see that would be a issue but it was fine before. I did notice that whoever had the truck before me has messed with the wiring under the dash. The pcm looks to be the original one and a couple guys said they changed it and no problems after that

The following users liked this post:
Josh Tays (08-30-2019)
Old 08-24-2019, 10:59 PM
Mike Wayne

I have noticed that it idles a little lower now around 700 or so but no other problems

Old 08-25-2019, 12:09 AM
Mike Wayne

Well i did the check and the odometer wasnt showing any codes but the check eng light was on and blinkin. So i reset the pcm and it started right up. I dont have a code reader on me but last time i did it no codes were shown.

Old 08-25-2019, 12:11 AM
Mike Wayne

I just changed the oil about 1k miles ago but never the less she does burn oil and its not a head gasket or oil seal

Old 08-25-2019, 12:13 AM
Mike Wayne

Im always checkin the oil and the pressure has never been low but it does get hot and the gauge shows normal temps. So what you are sayin about over charging could very well be my problem.

Old 08-25-2019, 12:22 AM
Mike Wayne

Im gonna take it down to my garage and mess with it some more tommorow. I appreciate all your help bud this is one of them problems that will spin the hell out of you and from what you have done is most likley gonna be the fix so thanks

Old 08-25-2019, 12:25 AM
Mike Wayne

Yea i just did the front main seal like 1k miles ago but i didnt do any other ones but thats what is likley the prob. This is my second dakota and my first 4.7 but they are all the same foreal!lol.

Quick Reply: No bus!!