2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Brake line troubles

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2019, 08:29 PM
eddie25
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally no leaks.

I was able to find the parts at autozone to do a (3/8"-24) fitting into a (3/8"-24) inverted flare to (M10x1.0) male bubble adapter.

I was unable to confirm that the junction at the front was for a bubble flare even though I got a pretty good shot with my phone. Gonna assume it was.

I still have a seized bleeder valve on the front right and I'm pretty sure a bad wheel cylinder on the back left, so I'm not in the clear yet, but getting closer.

Thanks again.

Old 11-24-2019, 08:35 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 161 Likes on 148 Posts

Yes that looks like bubble to me on the front.

Your IF may be sealing just out of coincidence.

Glad you were able to find the adapter.

Old 11-25-2019, 04:07 AM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 583 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie25
Finally no leaks.

I was able to find the parts at autozone to do a (3/8"-24) fitting into a (3/8"-24) inverted flare to (M10x1.0) male bubble adapter.

I was unable to confirm that the junction at the front was for a bubble flare even though I got a pretty good shot with my phone. Gonna assume it was.

I still have a seized bleeder valve on the front right and I'm pretty sure a bad wheel cylinder on the back left, so I'm not in the clear yet, but getting closer.

Thanks again.

If the bleeder breaks off, replace the caliper. Wheel cylinder are fairly easy to rebuild but calipers are not. I can rebuild them but it's not really worth the bother.

Old 11-25-2019, 04:58 PM
eddie25
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I'm good.

Got the new wheel cylinder (was only $5) in very easily. Also got the bleeder screw out with vice grips and replaced it.

After bleeding the brakes I thought I was $%^#ed since they were very soft with the engine running, but they work like the dickens now.

Still need to button everything up, learned the hard way to wait until I'm SURE everything is good before I do that.

Old 11-25-2019, 10:40 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 161 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie25
I think I'm good.

Got the new wheel cylinder (was only $5) in very easily. Also got the bleeder screw out with vice grips and replaced it.

After bleeding the brakes I thought I was $%^#ed since they were very soft with the engine running, but they work like the dickens now.

Still need to button everything up, learned the hard way to wait until I'm SURE everything is good before I do that.
good ol' peeing brake component, eh? HaHa

We're about to rebuild the calipers on the dragster. Replacing 8 pistons ought to be fun!

Quick Reply: Brake line troubles