2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

4.7 rebuild. Crank no start.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2023, 12:05 PM
KatoMiles
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New computer installed. Same issue. Going to tear down the timing cover and check it again.

Old 01-04-2024, 03:10 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,268 Likes on 3,015 Posts

Originally Posted by mark81
I've been buying ECMs from autocomputerexchange for years. I usually go thru their ebay store cause their prices are better and they communicate well - also the customer support is much better thru their ebay store then thru the phone. I know they do repairs as well. You can try them. They are located in Florida FYI
Everything I have read about them, including experiences of members here on the site, suggest staying FAR away from them. They tend to send out PCM's with more issues than the one you are returning..... One member marked his ECM, sent it in, got back a painted PCM, with his identifying mark still on it. The charge him a couple hundred bucks to paint his PCM black. Still had the same problems. They tried to blame it on him.....

Old 02-10-2024, 08:43 AM
KatoMiles
Amateur

Got a chance to look at the timing on this truck and started at the passenger valve cover. Popped the cover off and compared the new timing gear cam sensor ring to the old and they appear to have very different gaps between openings. Very noticable and not a maybe. Looks like the eBay rebuild kit may have screwed me on this one. Will update when changed.

Old 02-19-2024, 12:45 PM
KatoMiles
Amateur
Default She runs.

Changed out the cam sensor gear and sprocket and she fired up first turn of the key. HUGE lesson learned. If you go cheap on parts make sure they are correct. Thanks for all the help!!!

Last edited by KatoMiles; 02-19-2024 at 12:53 PM.

Quick Reply: 4.7 rebuild. Crank no start.