2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

body parts

Old 01-29-2007, 09:43 PM
Dick Manley
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default body parts

has any one had any luck with aftermarket body parts, specifically fender if so let me know ASAP

Old 01-29-2007, 10:43 PM
Twiztid
Veteran
Default RE: body parts

I have seen 2 trucks with fenders from www.glassworksunlimited.com and the people I talked loved em. I prefer them with tube bumpers, but each to his own.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:17 PM
Dick Manley
Rookie

Im looking for aftermarket replacement fenders that match oem quality. I have heard nothing but horror stories about aftermarket stuff not lining up right and the factory fenders are are about $500 a piece. Luckily i found a Ebay vendor selling factory parts below the cost of the aftermarket ones, about $160 shipped. Thank you for you help in tracking those fenders down for me i appreciate it immensly

Old 01-29-2007, 11:54 PM
98Dodger4x4
Veteran

remember ebay is as good as the person selling the item. I have gotten stuff people say are the real thing and when you get the item its crap. All you can do is send ebay a email and wait mean while you just get mad. In the long run you wish you went to the dealer or the junk yard

Old 01-30-2007, 12:01 AM
DakotaMan
Veteran

Yep i buy alot of stuff on ebay...never had a problem but ordered taillights for the 4.7 for christmas and i got them on jan16 and they were broken shipped them back and now i am still waiting for them dont buy from racing_guys just a bunch of problems..and i paid via paypal

Old 01-31-2007, 02:22 PM
lone_wolfin

aftermarkets fenders fit close....check with local salvage yards....maybe you can print off an ebay listing and use that to negotiate price.....pluse you might get an original color to match yours (you will pay a couple extra bucks going through the salvage yard, but if you dont have to paint, then it is worth it).

Old 02-01-2007, 05:30 PM
punkwood2k

Go to www.certifit.com

OEM replacement panels, at less than half the cost. I have used them to repair 3 vehicles I bought. Great quality, and cheap as hell prices. I dont know what model / year Dakota you have, or I would check for you... But on my old Sunfire, I got the hood, front bumper, and drivers side front fender for less than an "official" Pontiac bumper.

Edit: They also have a location in Randolph, MA. (781) 963-6300

Old 02-01-2007, 05:34 PM
Dick Manley
Rookie

I ended up going with the keystone ones that were about 280 each, not the one I wanted but it came down to the point the body shop didnt want to wait any longer. Ill post some pics of the old fenders to show how bad the rotted out as soon as I can.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: body parts