2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

close call

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 02:30 PM
02dakotakid
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default close call

so today im on my way home from class and im driving down the interstate when a white grand prix pulls up beside me. they looks at me and points down the road like he wants a race...so i accept and we take off. after i pull ahead of him for a while he pulls up beside me again. this time holding a deputy badge. he rolled his window down and told me to slow down. then he pulled away from me. talk about getting the p!$$ scared out of ya. so i got off the interstate really quick and took backroads home the rest of teh way.

just thought you guys might enjoy this lil story.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Chris
Record Breaker
Default RE: close call

That's what you get for racing on public highways. You are lucky he didn't pull you over.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:38 PM
batman13
Grand Champion

oops, he was just jealous you beat him

Old 03-14-2007, 05:24 PM
02dakotakid
Professional

im damn lucky. but he was off duty so that shouldnt matter should it?

Old 03-14-2007, 06:04 PM
batman13
Grand Champion

he probably won't go looking for you if thats what you mean

Old 03-14-2007, 06:12 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I learned my lesson 2 years ago. I just got off work and it was lik 2am and the highway was empty. so I was just cruising along and this car kept on tailgating me. so I sped up, and he was still right on my ***.soIput it to the floor and got it upto 145kms and all of a sudden I see red and blue lights flashing[:@] ya, thats right..... it was the cops. lets just say after the 2 cops came out and yelled at me for going almost double the speed limit, the gave me a $350 ticket and 4 points. I dont speed an more and if someone is tailgating me, I let them pass.

but your pretty lucky you got off.

Old 03-14-2007, 06:19 PM
jnc2000

speeding is the exact reason I insuring my Mazda costs well over $350 a month. It is down from the $450 I was paying... but still it is ridiculously high. It also landed me in city jail twice. I don't speed anymore on public roads. I save it for the track, yes the temptation is still there sometimes to dump the clutch go 5-3 and give them a nice look at the *** end, but when bear in the air catches you - its all over.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:40 PM
craigstockman
Rookie

No he cant pull you over really if hes off duty but he can run your plates and call it in for someone else to pay you a visit. Someone else could actually give you a ticket even if he wasnt there its called a citation from another officers observation. But he wont do that its a rare thing and how do you know he was an actual officer? I can buy the badges online too! just thought you should know

Old 03-14-2007, 09:56 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A cop cannot give you a ticket unless the radar locks you in.if he does not have it on the radar then he cannot give you a ticket. thats why I always ask to see the radar when I get pulled over. but it's been like 5 months, I think its a new record

Old 03-14-2007, 10:06 PM
Chris
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: jonnymagnum

A cop cannot give you a ticket unless the radar locks you in.if he does not have it on the radar then he cannot give you a ticket. thats why I always ask to see the radar when I get pulled over. but it's been like 5 months, I think its a new record
This is not true. A police officer can "pace" you to get a speed for the violation. The judge will take the word of the officer for speed. I have seen it happen with my own eyes when I was in court.

Quick Reply: close call