2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Durango Lift / Alignment gone bad....

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 04:08 PM
JBas83
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Durango Lift / Alignment gone bad....

I know this is my first post but I have been scanning around the site for a while trying to learn about lifting/leveling. I finally went through with it yesterday and cranked the torsion bar. Had it set perfectly drove it around and remeasured. Everything was good to go. Took it to Big O Tires to get an alignment. I even explained what I was trying to do as far as 33" tires. When I went to pick up the vehicle I noticed the front end was lower. I looked underneath and noticed they put the torsion bar back to stock height. I brought it up to them and they said for the alignment they had to put it back to stock. They said the only way to lift it is to actually buy the leveling kit. They then mentioned they offer a leveling kit. Is this right could they not of done an alignment with the torsion bar cranked...

On a side not on the final paper work they listed recommendations that they noticed I should get fixed or looked at. One of them was get a transmission flush. Just last week the dealership replaced the valve body in the transmission so there is no way it needed a flush.

Old 09-29-2011, 05:05 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive done my T/S lift and haven't had it aligned yet. They shouldn't need to lower the Tbars though. Also, never flush a transmission, it does more harm than good.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:40 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

+1 for the no flush. Just have the fluid/filters changed.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:15 PM
krazy302

On the alignment machine I use it has you measure ride height, if it's not within specs it has you adjust the tor bars to the stock height.. If you tell them not to touch the ride height they can align it the way it was.. It's just more work for them, they would then have too adjust camber and caster..

Old 09-29-2011, 10:05 PM
Xxaler
Professional

Originally Posted by krazy302
On the alignment machine I use it has you measure ride height, if it's not within specs it has you adjust the tor bars to the stock height.. If you tell them not to touch the ride height they can align it the way it was.. It's just more work for them, they would then have too adjust camber and caster..
Ya, of course, the only thing affected when adjusting torsions bars...

That's why we get a bad name, the guys that do **** like that because they're too lazy to take an extra minute...

Old 09-30-2011, 01:54 AM
JBas83

Thanks for the info guys...looks like I am going into raise hell tomorrow...Going to tell them to level it back out to level and adjust cambers and caster...I have already had buddies ask me about their experience and i couldnt give my opinion and I guess tomorrow will tell all when I go in and try to get this fixed. Thanks again.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:08 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I had my transmission flushed twice with no ill effects....
FF

Old 09-30-2011, 04:31 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

If you flush it at the appropriate intervals from day 1 of ownership, and you are the original owner, you're fine usually.

Its when you are the 2nd or 3rd owner and the first/second owner(s) didn't flush at regular intervals (if at all). Then you try to flush it, you dislodge extra junk in the system, and that extra junk gets caught all in the same place in the system somewhere, blocks coolant, and BAM, you need a rebuild/new transmission.

Quick Reply: Durango Lift / Alignment gone bad....