2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

05 Durango just quits??

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 04:12 PM
MoparMax
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 05 Durango just quits??

I've told you guys how to handle these Service Managers who will not help you..let them know they WILL get their head split open if it is not fixed!!!

Old 03-22-2006, 05:13 PM
eeastccoast

I have a 04 durango that has stalled on me several times I took it into my local Chrysler dealer for them to keep in several days and tell me nothing was wrong with it this is a serious issue and I am concerned for my safety and the safety of my family the last time it stalled I was actually driving the car to loose all power steering brakes etc. I am putting in calls to chrysler again I am glad to know I am not the only one with this problem since they tried to make me feel crazy and they would not give me any paper work that I had my car in so I have no record of it I only have a little over 20,000 miles on the vehicle this should not be happening especially for the price you pay of a new car I can say one thing I will never buy a dodge chrysler again!!!!

Old 10-15-2006, 11:30 PM
jkm1966

I have a 2005 durango that started just stalling and running at a top speed of 35 mph. Then the ETC warning light came on. This vehicle has 38000 miles on it. I have tried to research a Electronic throttle control but cannot actually identify what part this is. Please help with me if you can. I was also wondering if this might be under warranty

Old 10-22-2006, 04:24 PM
dodge luvin mama

I recently purchased a Dodge 2005 limited w/Hemi. Last night I was drving down the road about to pull into a business and my engine stalled. My headlights went out and then back on. I put the vehuicle in park and it started right up. After reading these posts this has me scared. I keep thinking what if I was in Highway traffic going 70 mph and have complete vehicle failure and then there's no where to get over. I am making a report with NHTSA. I looked on the forum for the TSB but it is not listed although it was listed here:
I believe these are the TSB #'s

TSB 18-013-05

TSB 18-013-05A

NHTSA Action Number : EA05018

I am going to call on Monday to see what I can find out, but for some reason I feel like no one will have any clue. I'm just wodering if anyone knows anything more, just incase.

Old 11-28-2006, 03:26 AM
tsh

I am "this close" to buying an '06 Hemi Durango ... just curious if anyone has reported this in the '06 model, or is it strictly an '05 problem?

Old 12-15-2006, 12:03 AM
barbaras

LEMON LAW!!!!!

Dogde just bought back our 2005 Durango for this very reason. It went on for 18 months and in and out of the shop while they were tying to find the poblem...which they never did. The corporate office gave me hard time and tried to blow me off. So went on line typed in "lemon law Califronia" (my state) and goT some answers. In California and there is a govenment agency the "New Vehicle Board" and they really helped us out.

May is suggest to all who have the stalling problem in the 2005 5.7 hemi engine in Rams and Durangos Check out your states lemon law. Also, if your lemon law "time" has expired I'd still check it out...Dodge coopertated in the end, took back the SUV and handed us our check very quickly and with little fuss.

PS sorry I did not post this earlier, but I wanted to make sure the check cleared!

Old 12-15-2006, 11:10 PM
Intrepidacious

ORIGINAL: MoparMax

when it quits there is NO power steering or brakes....CRASH!!!! If it keeps happening someone is getting their face bashed!
When the engine stalls there should be enough reserve in the booster to provide two or three power-assisted stops, so I'd think you could stop quickly enough.

But losing power steering is sure no fun -- very hard to steer these big Durangos with their fat tires.

Old 12-16-2006, 11:57 PM
bamaray

It is not just the Hemi. My 4.7L stalls as well. It has stalled on me and my wife. I also had to replace the A/C blower resistor and wiring plug because it melted!!I will never by another Dodge ever. And I work for DaimlerChrysler!!

Old 01-07-2007, 07:42 AM
thejdog

So I have this issue. I just bought my '04 Dodge Ram 1500 used in April '06. It had 18K miles on it and it's been running really great since I bought it. Until the Friday prior to Christmas (Dec 22, 2006). I was driving back from doing some shopping and went around a 35 MPH left turn and decided I'd get gas at the 76 right there that I always go to. Pulling into the gas station my motor stalled. I didn't realize at first until I tried to turn. NO POWER STEERING. Look down and the RPMs are at 0. Put the truck back into park, restarts immediately, pull in, get gas. Went and had a tune up done on it, and had the everything checked. And somebody mentioned the alternator. And I'm like if it had anything to do with that alternator or the battery the whole electric system would have glicthed. So after a few couple places couldn't figure it out, somebody was like, it could just be a fluke - see if it happens again.

Almost 3 weeks to the day, Saturday Jan 06, 2007, I'm driving down a small Oregon highway, coming up to a stoplight and getting in the right lane to make a turn and guess way, NO POWER STEERING AGAIN! Now I know it's not a fluke and I'm glad that my cousin found this page. I'm going to print this whole thing out, giving the dealership a call ASAP on Monday morning and getting my truck in ASAP. This is by far the last Dodge I buy. Although my 5.9L Magnum didn't have any engine issues, it did have a vacuum tube problem (being too close to the exhaust pipe it melted and had a leak).

But I now have the fear of driving this truck anymore. Considering that the nights in Oregon are going to get colder and the rain will turn in to black ice, what happens if it goes out prior to a nice curve in this country area? Can't step on the brakes, you'll just slide, so got to get the truck into neutral and start it back up fast. I'm scared for my safety and others that are driving on these two lane roads with me.

Old 01-07-2007, 08:14 AM
thejdog

Now here's the messed up part, I just checked the label and it says "Authorized Software Update". So I'm wondering if my truck already has the software update. But reading that link earlier in the topic, both stalls have been during "turning manuvers".

Quick Reply: 05 Durango just quits??