2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

05 Durango just quits??

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 11:16 AM
MoparMax
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Durango just quits??

I bought an 05 Durango brand new on 10/1/05 and twice with my wife driving it has just quit with no warning. After the first time I took it back to the dealer they could find nothing wrong. Then yesterday she was pulling in the driveway and it quit and she almost hit the tree beside our drive because of loss of power! It was brand new not a demo. Anybody had or heard of this problem. What happens if she is going down the interstate and this happens...$$$$ I win big law suit!

Old 10-17-2005, 05:03 PM
WBdubbin
Default RE: 05 Durango just quits??

I have had the same thing happen twice now with my 05 Durango, and I just took it to the Dealor last week and they said nothing was wrong also.

Old 10-18-2005, 05:39 PM
trade

I own a 2005 HEMI 5.7 with less 500 miles, and at the first week the engine light appears on my panel, I wento the dealer and they reset the computer and said that my battery has not a complete charge. One week ago I was driving to my ATM bank and when suddenly the engine turn off, I can restart inmediately but I am asking what can be is wrong with my Durango.

Go to the dealer is a waste of time, but seems that is happening to more users. To Mopar, if the power off the brakes and the steering still working you can go a shoulder in the highway.

Trade

Old 10-19-2005, 11:19 AM
MoparMax
Rookie

Update... the dealer this time said they found a TSB (Technician service bulletin) that called for some kind of work or update to the idle control. Hey Trade... when it quits there is NO power steering or brakes....CRASH!!!! If it keeps happening someone is getting their face bashed!

Old 10-19-2005, 05:53 PM
trade

Mopar:

Will be helpfull know what is the TSB number? Maybe in your repair invoice appears something.
I know that when I go to the technician and put my VIN number nothing appears, but sometimes you need go with the TSB at hand and complaining for they fix-it.

Trade

Old 11-01-2005, 09:43 PM
Durangoshorty
Rookie

What is the TSB number??? Mine has stalled a couple times now. Also, one of my Sentry keys mysteriously became de-programmed and would not work. Had to use spare key to reprogram 1st key.

Old 11-08-2005, 04:07 PM
MoparMax
Rookie

I don't have a clue what the TSB # is. It has not done it again. This is how you get it fixed... when you take it to the dealer tell those pukes you are going to split someones head open if it is not fixed correctly...Really!

Old 11-08-2005, 08:57 PM
Durangoshorty
Rookie

I believe these are the TSB #'s

TSB 18-013-05

TSB 18-013-05A

NHTSA Action Number : EA05018

Old 11-25-2005, 01:11 AM
worldnet

Welcome to the club. This is very common for the hemi. I have the problem, and friends also have it. The NHTSA has an investigation going on right now of the dodge hemi equipped vehicles stalling. Dodge denys everything. Drive carefully, because they do shut down on the highway. I know a guy who had his shut down twelve times in a row in one parking lot. You can view others complaints below.
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/pr...aintsearch.cfm

Invesigation summary:
{{{ Make: DODGE
Model: RAM 1500
Type: MULTIPURPOSE PASSENGER VEHICLE
Year: 2004
NHTSA Action Number: EA05018
Summary:
ON MAY 16, 2005, ODI OPENED PRELIMINARY EVALUATION PE05-027 TO INVESTIGATE COMPLAINTS OF ENGINE STALLING IN MODEL YEAR 2004-05 DODGE DURANGO SUVS AND RAM 1500 SERIES PICKUPS EQUIPPED WITH THE 5.7L V8 ENGINE. INFORMATION PROVIDED BY DAIMLERCHRYSLER DURING PE05-027 INDICATED THAT A LARGE PERCENTAGE OF THE COMPLAINTS ARE RELATED TO AN IDLE UNDERSHOOT CONDITION THAT MAY CAUSE THE ENGINE TO STALL DURING TURNING MANEUVERS. IN FEBRUARY 2005, DAIMLERCHRYSLER REVISED THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE SOFTWARE IN PRODUCTION VEHICLES AND ISSUED A TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN (TSB 18-013-05) RELEASING THE NEW SOFTWARE AS A SERVICE REMEDY FOR THE IDLE UNDERSHOOT CONDITION. THE BULLETIN WAS SUPERCEDED BY TSB 18-013-05A IN APRIL 2005. DAIMLERCHRYSLER BELIEVES THAT THE FAILURE RATE FOR STALLING WHILE DRIVING DUE TO THE IDLE UNDERSHOOT CONDITION IS LOW AND THAT THE BULLETIN HAS ADEQUATELY ADDRESSED THE PROBLEM.SINCE PE05-027 WAS OPENED, ODI HAS CONTINUED TO RECEIVE COMPLAINTS FROM OWNERS OF THE SUBJECT VEHICLES WHO ALLEGE EXPERIENCING ENGINE STALL INCIDENTS UNDER ALL TYPES OF DRIVING CONDITIONS. IN SOME INSTANCES THE STALLING HAS CONTINUED AFTER THE VEHICLE RECEIVED THE SERVICE BULLETIN REPAIRS. THIS INVESTIGATION HAS BEEN UPGRADED TO AN ENGINEERING ANALYSIS (EA05-018) TO FURTHER ASSESS THE SCOPE, FREQUENCY, AND SAFETY CONSEQUENCES OF THE ALLEGED DEFECT IN THE DODGE DURANGO AND RAM 1500/2500/3500 SERIES PICKUP TRUCKS THAT WERE PRODUCED BEFORE THE PCM CALIBRATION CHANGE WAS IMPLEMENTED IN PRODUCTION IN FEBRUARY 2005.)))

Old 12-01-2005, 11:43 PM
brutusjr357

I have had the stalling/idle drop for two moths now been to the dealer had the upgrade done still has the idle problem drops to 300 rpm then bounces arond at evens back out at about 1100 rpm this is around 40mph. They said they are working direct with crysler corp on this. Today my truck died on the freeway and I almost hit the car in front of me because traffic was stopping ahead.I have a 2004 dodge ram 1500 QC with the HEMI

Quick Reply: 05 Durango just quits??