Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CAI I DO NOT RECOMMEND

??

Old 06-10-2007, 02:21 AM
nswap7
Captain

i might be thinking of the wrong thing. i dont know anything about it except iv seen seafoam vids on you tube. this is what im thinking of.but like i said i have know nothing about it.http://youtube.com/watch?v=3XrsE0XVy20

Old 06-10-2007, 02:45 AM
neon03se
Record Breaker

i see, is it still safe to use though? its suppose to clean everything out but i don't know if its safe. 03RT spikey where you at? lol

Old 06-10-2007, 02:59 AM
nswap7
Captain

record it for usif you do it..lol

Old 06-10-2007, 03:01 AM
nswap7
Captain

if you do do it, record it for us

Old 06-10-2007, 04:51 PM
AirWolf

Ive had my ebay custom intake on for 3 yrs now one of the 1st engine mods I did to my sxt and been through tons of rain and snow and never had a problem.

Old 06-10-2007, 06:45 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

As for SeaFoam goes, put 1/3 in the gas, 1/3 in the oil, and the other 1/3 thru the vacuum line. I would do the gas and oil first because the vacuum line, well its a vacuum line so I will use it up pretty fast. To find the vacuum line: look behind your battery and you will see 2 electrical connectors. Right below those connectors you will find the brake booster, the large black metal cylinder. On the left front of that you will see a 3-way splitter, there are 2 smaller hoses connected to it, and then a larger hose, probably 1/4 to 1/2 inch in diameter, this is the hose you want. Be aware that when you pull it off and your engine rpm's will shoot up, so dont be concerned when this happens.

Next, slowly stick the hose into the can (only about 1.5" into the can), if you stick it in too fast your engine will die. The engine will start to studder a little bit, if you think it is going to die then pull the hose out until it doesnt. Once you have the correct amount of SeaFoam put your finger on the end of the hose and allow the engine to cut off. Then let it sit for about 5-10 minutes and take it for a drive

Your car will run terrible for the first 5-10 minutes and it will smoke A LOT. The smoke is the carbon build up coming out of your exhaust, so you know the SeaFoam is working as advertised. As soon as the black smoke goes away, change your oil AND spark plugs. Also, before you start the SeaFoam treatment, make sure you unplug your O2 sensor and screw in an old spark plug because all that carbon will fry the O2 sesnor.

There are also dangers of damaging the catylist material within the cat, along with your O2 sensor failure, and you may get a CEL, in which case, you just need to pull your fuel pump relay and reset the computer. So just be aware that if you so the SeaFoam treatment incorrectly, you could damage a few things.

Old 06-10-2007, 07:13 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.aempower.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=20 <<< from the AEM website...... why dont you buy one and be done with your puddle problem...?

Old 06-10-2007, 11:59 PM
neon03se
Record Breaker

i was looking into that but as RT said, it really defeats the purpose because having that on the intake would cancel out any gain being made by the CAI, unless i misunderstood him. as for the seafoam, i will be doin that sometime soon hopefully, have been working EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! its horrible lol. also RT, you didnt say whether puttin in the the throttle body would damage anything, just curious to know bout that one as well. also what exactly would be the benefits of seafoaming everything lol, is it just a cleanser? if so that would be cool as i'm pretty sure everthing in there can use a little clean up

Old 06-11-2007, 12:18 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

I've never heard of putting the Seafoam into the TB...its easier to just use the gasoline, oil, and vacuum line IMO. The SeaFoam will get rid of any carbon buildup on the pistons and insdie the combustion chamber, so in theory, your engine will then run better. As for the bypass valve, you understood me correctly, that by putting another item onto the intake track, it will cancel out the gains provided by a more free flowing intake pipe.

Quick Reply: CAI I DO NOT RECOMMEND