2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

CAI I DO NOT RECOMMEND

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 04:48 AM
neon03se
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAI I DO NOT RECOMMEND

just got a ride home because for the SECOND time my car sucked water through the CAI, and once again the puddle was not as deep as one would think. maybe its just bad luck, or maybe its just a sign saying that i need to get a new car and stop modding, as for my experience it does not pay off in the end. IMO it is not worth adding a few HP to your car if there is a potential to cause severe damage or more problems down the road. But once again that is just my opinion, (maybe its just because I feel like beating the living **** out of someone right now). How messed up is it to think that a $30 dollar intake has screwed up my car WAAAAAAYYYYYY beyond what the part is even worth. my car has hydrolocked and i am now left without a car. how i will get to work and school is beyond my belief. DAAAAMAMMMMMMNNNNN IIIITTTTT!!!!!!!!

Old 06-09-2007, 04:56 AM
neon 05
Captain
Default RE: CAI I DO NOT RECOMMEND

hey calm down bro, everything is going to be okey man is a little water in the engine just needs to be work on asap so it dosent turn on at all?

Old 06-09-2007, 05:01 AM
blackflame
Captain

ouch..yeah, I try to be super super careful when driving my car with the CAI. It was pooring today and it looked like about an inch of rain and I was thinking about staying at work because of it. best of luck to ya

Old 06-09-2007, 05:08 AM
Adionik
Champion

Yah. I'm very careful with that. My ebay $30 intake vs $1,500 to fix it? F* that.

I have ran over some pretty damn good size puddels and so far so good. My filter sits right above the fog light hole so it's got a pretty good clearance. I'm thinking about making some kind of shield so it doesn't suck up anything. The gas pedal is so soft and peppy with a cai.

btw short ram is pretty much stock. no difference at all...

Old 06-09-2007, 06:10 AM
neon03se
Record Breaker

ya but damn a grand to fix it again, this time i might not be so lucky and have to pay to get the engine rebuilt, at least thats what my mechanic says. if that is the case i dont think its worth it. well it does start but it sounds horrible and dies out.

Old 06-09-2007, 06:12 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

neon03se = bad luck

Sorry to hear about this man, but I would still recommend a CAI as a first modification to any Neon owner. It just does not happen that often at all, and the fact that it has happend to you TWICE is very strange indeed.

Old 06-09-2007, 06:25 AM
neon 05
Captain

like lighting dont strike twice in one spot, lol

but neon03se- i used to have a izuzu impulse 1988 lol talking about old school and i degrease the engine i got water in the engine and it was a pain in the butt to get it back to start , but i got it on and it was like a motor boat and burn it out with the oil and i sold the car to sum girl and its still alive...

Old 06-09-2007, 06:26 AM
neon 05
Captain

just get a second opinion on the mechanic issue..

Old 06-09-2007, 12:47 PM
lblackneon
Champion

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I've been through plenty of puddles and have never had any problems either. I'd recommend u get a bypass valve for that CAI. I got it just to be safe. Good luck.

Old 06-09-2007, 01:02 PM
Pablodragon
All Star

ORIGINAL: Adionik
btw short ram is pretty much stock. no difference at all...
I'm glad I got a short ram with all these stories... I swear tho, the short ram is the ONLY mod I've done to my engine and I swear it makes a difference...seems peppier than the stock box, it adds slightly more sound and it looks very cool when you open the hood!

Quick Reply: CAI I DO NOT RECOMMEND