AEM CAI vs. K&N CAI

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 04:06 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AEM CAI vs. K&N CAI

ORIGINAL: AirWolf

Yeah I had the typhoon and hated it love my ebay intake with k&n filter way better and never had any rubbing problems .
That statement doesnt make any sense...

Old 09-11-2007, 04:13 PM
AirWolf

Yes it does adionk had rubbing problems with his ebay intake and mines been perfect for over a yr now . I was just telling anyone intersted in the ebay intake that just because one guy is having problems with it doesnt mean the ebay intakes are all bad. My 1st intake in my sxt was the typhoon and I hated it than I went to the ebay intake and its just as nice as the name brands and the only filter to go with is the k&n with any intake.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:15 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

But if the Ebay intake is just as good as the name brands, then you should therefore hate the Ebay intake because you owned a name brand and hated it.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:24 PM
AirWolf

Not all name brands are bad I just dont like the typhoon or aem they are pricey and you can get the same hp and performance from an ebay intake which I never had a problem with plus Im running one in my hahn turboed neon now also. The best name brand to me is the injen I ran one in my acr srt4 and the best intakeout thereother than the ebay one. Ive had friends that have had the aem intake in there srt4s and stis and they have had some problems with them.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:29 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Then I would also say that just because you had a problem with your K&N Typhoon, that not all Typhoon intakes are bad, therefore, not all Typhoon intakes are bad because mine has been, and still is, absolutely perfect.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:33 PM
AirWolf

Yeah I guess you can stand by your brand intake . I still like my ebay intake and paid alot less for it and just as good as a typhoon or aem .

Old 09-11-2007, 06:40 PM
contagious19
Champion

i would go wit K&N, over ebay brand, i been hesitant to buy an ebay one so im considering da typhoon one

Old 09-11-2007, 06:56 PM
whtdoesitmatter
Captain

had an k&n and swapped it out for the auto zone put the intake to gether one. I had like a billion pieces to run it where ever I wanted how ever i wanted

Old 09-11-2007, 07:02 PM
tankhardrive
Professional

my typhoon doesnt have any rubbing probs it came with the rubber stuff you put around the whole down to the wheel well did that and with all the locking pieces it gives you keeps it from moving mine sits in there so freaking snug it doesnt move at all lol..... and i love the dry cover it came with cuz i live in florida makes sure it stays nice and dry....

the ebay one isnt bad i didnt have any probs with that either i just think i got a little more response with the K&N and it looks better lol

Old 09-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Sawhiskey
All Star

ORIGINAL: Adionik

thanks kalvera i got the stuff to do it but i've just been really busy. it's raining right now and i'm ****ting bricks. i really dont want hydrolock.

a bellows tbe is the accrodian looking plastic tube that conects your thorttle body to your intake manifold
My ebay cai came with one. Hmm