Trans swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007 | 04:24 PM
Kalevra
Record Breaker
Default RE: Trans swap

ORIGINAL: neon03se

ORIGINAL: neonxst05

I dont know how much it would cost, But I am going to my local dealership and going to see if they could do it and how much all of it is going to cost. They should have all the parts brand new that you could purchase. So i should be able to have the info on manday.
prepare to get a** raped by the stealership
+1

they will try to sell you the car all over again

Old 11-09-2007 | 04:53 PM
Pharmboy
Veteran

you guys are all crazy, ha. I know it would be awsome to convert to a manual, and I have thought of it often, however you could easily find an SRT-4 for less than it would cost you to convert. And dealerships are good places to buy parts, just not great for service.

Old 11-09-2007 | 05:12 PM
Kalevra
Record Breaker

I doubt you could find a SRT4 for under 1500

Old 11-09-2007 | 05:14 PM
Kalevra
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Pharmboy

you guys are all crazy, ha. I know it would be awsome to convert to a manual, and I have thought of it often, however you could easily find an SRT-4 for less than it would cost you to convert. And dealerships are good places to buy parts, just not great for service.
ARE YOU SERIOUS??? they were going to charge me 200+ for a fuel injector cover a month ago!! I got one off ebay for 20 shipped

and you can go to s junkyard and pick up everything you need for under 1500, I know that much

Old 11-09-2007 | 05:38 PM
Pharmboy
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Kalevra

Nor could you swap your trans for anywhere close to that. Point?

Old 11-09-2007 | 05:38 PM
Pharmboy
Veteran

ARE YOU SERIOUS??? they were going to charge me 200+ for a fuel injector cover a month ago!! I got one off ebay for 20 shipped

and you can go to s junkyard and pick up everything you need for under 1500, I know that much
thats cause they don't make it anymore

Old 11-09-2007 | 06:50 PM
Kalevra
Record Breaker

thats cause they don't make it anymore
then they should be on clearance

Old 11-09-2007 | 06:58 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Nor could you swap your trans for anywhere close to that. Point?
Unless your counting labor for the swap, it shouldnt cost anywhere near $1,500 to convert to an MTx...

Old 11-09-2007 | 07:02 PM
Pharmboy
Veteran

you guys are crazy, and honestly have no idea of what's involved, It's not worth it, sell your car and buy a mtx neon. Go ahead get quotes before you say anything else.

Old 11-09-2007 | 07:10 PM
Kalevra
Record Breaker

you guys are crazy, and honestly have no idea of what's involved, It's not worth it, sell your car and buy a mtx neon. Go ahead get quotes before you say anything else.
If anyone's crazy here, it's you.

reason one: if a part isnt made anymore it should go on clearence unless it's a collerctor item and A peice of molded plasic to cover fuel injectors hardly counts as collectable

reason two: I wasn't figuring labor into it, but if I was, you're talking 2-3k to swap, parts and labor. Show me where I can get a SRT4 for that price. because I will buy it

thank you

Quick Reply: Trans swap