15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

lowering springs or red neon under car

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 03:08 PM
AirWolf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: lowering springs or red neon under car

Sorry swimmer that your thread went way off subject thanks to bashers anyways have you thought more on the led neons . Ill take a pic of mine for you and you can see how awesome mine looks and how bright. Yeah some under neons you can see the tubes but you cant on both of my neons . For lowering in the winter I dont think so Im sure the crap not going to put an airride on in the winter or even stage3 coilovers the nicest set of coilovers in my op.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:58 PM
swimmer07
Veteran

yea, i haven't really thought about it that in depth.. got finals coming up.. anyways, i dont want neons, i want the leds.. i think they'd hold up better ect..

Old 12-05-2007, 06:09 PM
AirWolf

I have led neons and they are much better than neons . Much brighter and alot more fun.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:21 AM
Yako
Captain

Just a little something i made for you, think you really really really need it

Old 12-06-2007, 11:01 AM
AirWolf

Im never going to shut up yako . I was tryin to help out until things get out of hand like they always do . I have my own ops like you so back off. At least swimmer knows I was trying to help . I still say go with the led neons you wont regret it . I love mine and no matter what they look awesome underneathe. I took some pics for you swimmer will be in my gallery for a few days before I delete them.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:19 PM
swimmer07
Veteran

when are they going to be in there? i checked and they arent as of 11:30 central..

Old 12-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Pharmboy
Veteran

Still think you should skip both ideas, not because of the way it will look, but because neither will hold up very well where you’re at. The drop will make you bottom out everywhere, and even though the leds are quite durable, if your area is anything like where I was at in Arkansas, those wont hold up either. Up here in Wisconsin I see them under customers' cars all broken and not working all the time. Just a thought

Old 12-06-2007, 12:59 PM
swimmer07
Veteran

well roads arent that bad, i'm in central and north central arkansas.. so i mean they aren't bad, but i'd be worried about bottoming out if i lowered it.. i dont think i'd have a problem with the LED's but i'm still not sure what i'm going to do

Old 12-06-2007, 01:18 PM
AirWolf

Im workin on posting them in my gallery so anytime . They arent the best pics they are much better lookin when darker this was under lights in a parking lot . They are better and brighter in person and I never had any trouble with my leds and they dont break so thats what so nice about led neon tubes they are unbreakable and waterproof so no worrys about breaking them. Since your going with red for your leds . Be really careful with them on around cops . Just because Ive gotten away with my red leds on around my cops around where I live doesnt mean you or any others will.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:42 PM
blackflame
Captain

ORIGINAL: Pharmboy

Still think you should skip both ideas, not because of the way it will look, but because neither will hold up very well where you’re at. The drop will make you bottom out everywhere, and even though the leds are quite durable, if your area is anything like where I was at in Arkansas, those wont hold up either. Up here in Wisconsin I see them under customers' cars all broken and not working all the time. Just a thought
I would agree. Most people drop the car for show anyways. There is this whole "go is better than show" battle going on...they are both show options. If you want your car to look sweet, thats fine with me. Lower barely makes any look difference, you run the risk of bottoming out, and the performance gains aren't from the new springs aren't worth the price. My stock springs have bottomed out before. And just the other day I saw an SRT-4 that was lowered and in the parking lot his bumber almost hit the ground because the tarmac had a very very slight angle. My friend had is focused lowered and he had to barely move over train tracks and pull into his drive slowly and at an angle. So....why do you do this? For show? Ok, thats fine, i understand. For performance?? Unless you are racing at a circuit track you really aren't going to benefit. IMO most suspension mods are a waste because you will never use them on the regular street.

SPRING PROS:
-better handling. All this does is increase responsiveness. Not a big deal for daily driving at all
-looks nice

SPRING CONS:
-Bottoming out
-expensiiiveeeee

I saw this eclipse that was lowered with a body kit. He bottomed out on the highway twice. And his rear bumper was all cracked and broken from that happening before. So in the end...unless you are extremely careful(or trailer your car like airworlf) it may not even look nicer in the end.

When it comes to daily driven cars suspension modifications are pointless. I would rather take the money and put it into going faster.

Quick Reply: lowering springs or red neon under car