Intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 10:57 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Intake manifold

i saw that, but i know for a fact that he had that manifold on his car...hopefully ill run into him sometime and all ask him what he had to do...they do list one for the eclipse..how about that one?

Old 01-02-2005, 12:43 AM
RT_Driver
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to know too. I really want a better Intake manifold than the pick of crap Indy. If Venom would make one, that would be great. As far as the Eclipese goes, I'd rather not be the parts tester for that.

Old 01-02-2005, 01:06 AM
casper
Legend

I know its the same motor in a Neon as in a Eclipse, but the motor is turned 180 degrees from ours. Their transmission is on the passenger side. so I think the intake and exhuast are also reversed, so it probally won't fit.

Old 01-02-2005, 03:24 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator

i know that some people may think that im blowing smoke because i dont own a neon..but im 100% sure he ahd the venom intake...if the intake bolt and port pattern is the same on the mitsu and the neon, all you would need to do is get the full assembled height for that intake, and make sure youd have enough clearance between the head and the firewall, because if im not mistaken, the 1st gen neons had the TB near the firewall...if i see him any time soon, ill ask him about it.

Old 01-02-2005, 04:45 AM
RT_Driver
Professional

If it's not made for the Neon, I'm not even going to try it. I have just purchased a full racing 2.4 short block, and can't risk it not fitting. Pics. soon of the 2.4!

Old 01-02-2005, 06:26 PM
98Neon4Door
Professional

the tb on a 1st gen is right near the battery/radiator up front on drivers side of the motor. real quick question could i get a couple links pmed to me or something on how to do a 2.0 DOHC swap into my SOHC 98

Old 01-02-2005, 08:00 PM
casper
Legend

the swap is gonna be the reverse of taking the SOHC out, other than replacing the wiring harness. They are the same blocks, other than the heads. the internals are different too, but the motor mounts should be the same.

Old 02-20-2007, 01:48 AM
moparx12
Amateur

ORIGINAL: LowSlowNeon

Well...if you didn't know I plan on turbo'in the car spring time or mid summer I hope. My question is which intake manifold should I get? I've heard the stock one will crack from increased heat, being that its plastic. Basically the two options that I see for manifolds is the one off the Neon R/T or an Indy Intake manifold. I've heard that you have to do some moddin to get the indy to work, not to mention its pretty pricey. So if you have any idea, help me out here.

ok, so i guess i have come to the conclusion that the most cost-effective way to better the intake manifold in my 2nd gen es is to change the manifold to another 2ND GEN R/T only. and when i do decide to go with the magnum intake, how hard is it going to be to wire up the butterflies inside the intake? i plan on slowly setting my car up for a turbo so i want to make the best moves with "heavy breathing" neon in mind. although i have never seen one, has anybody ever cleaned out an r/t manifold somehow and eliminated the dual stage sytem? from pictures i have seen it looks like each of the tubes are separate and with some mangling look like you could hollow out the tubes. i know that all of these intakes were designed by engineers using applicable laws of thermodynamics withthedesign of each intake nearthe best for its application, but im talking about 15+ lbs of boost here along withwhole list of other mods leading up to the turbo.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:19 AM
Izero
Champion

well i really wanna know where you can get an r/t intake manifold... b/c i've been looking for one for damn near ever!

Old 02-22-2007, 01:08 PM
lblackneon
Champion

ORIGINAL: Izero

well i really wanna know where you can get an r/t intake manifold... b/c i've been looking for one for damn near ever!
That's why I got the Indy.
INDY: Pain to install.

Quick Reply: Intake manifold